Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default Why I like delivery by DPD

Parcel Status
Your order will be delivered today by Suman, your DPD driver, between
13:06 and 14:06

13:16 GMT
Suman is currently making delivery number 96, you are delivery number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

13:19
Suman is currently making delivery number 98, you are delivery number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

http://qwpynex.eu/Screenshot-DPD_delivery_info.png

Your parcel has been delivered and signed for by CLARK at 13:37 on Tue

, though why the van was in Interlink Express livery remains a mystery.

--
djc
Posted to uk.d-i-y

djc wrote:
Parcel Status
Your order will be delivered today by Suman, your DPD driver, between
13:06 and 14:06

13:16 GMT
Suman is currently making delivery number 96, you are delivery number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

13:19
Suman is currently making delivery number 98, you are delivery number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

http://qwpynex.eu/Screenshot-DPD_delivery_info.png

Your parcel has been delivered and signed for by CLARK at 13:37 on Tue

, though why the van was in Interlink Express livery remains a mystery.

No mystery really. They are part of the same company and have similar
customer interface.
It is only the express service that gives you delivery numbers and
minute by minute tracking but even the basic service give you an email
early in the morning of the delivery day stating a 1 hour window for the
delivery.
I agree they are by far the best service as a recipient and must be
competitive for trade senders. I've not tried using them as a private
sender.
Other carriers take note.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 13:42:19 +0000, djc wrote:

Parcel Status Your order will be delivered today by Suman, your DPD
driver, between 13:06 and 14:06

13:16 GMT Suman is currently making delivery number 96, you are delivery
number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

13:19 Suman is currently making delivery number 98, you are delivery
number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

http://qwpynex.eu/Screenshot-DPD_delivery_info.png

Your parcel has been delivered and signed for by CLARK at 13:37 on Tue

, though why the van was in Interlink Express livery remains a mystery.

Yes, I think someone else mentioned all this recently. I've had quite a
few personal deliveries courtesy of their Predict service. I quite often
walk out to the car park at work as the delivery vehicle pulls up, show
ID and load the parcel straight into my car to take home.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

djc wrote:
Parcel Status
Your order will be delivered today by Suman, your DPD driver, between
13:06 and 14:06

13:16 GMT
Suman is currently making delivery number 96, you are delivery number
99. Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

13:19
Suman is currently making delivery number 98, you are delivery number
99. Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

http://qwpynex.eu/Screenshot-DPD_delivery_info.png

Your parcel has been delivered and signed for by CLARK at 13:37 on Tue

, though why the van was in Interlink Express livery remains a
mystery.

They could all be like this, it's only laziness and an unwillingness to
adopt change that causes them not to be.
Simple tracking chip in van, constantly sends signal to HQ computer, which
constantly sends SMS messages to customers' phones, no one needs to type
anything or do anything, cost is practically zero and the system could
handle hundreds of vans and litterally thousands of text messages every day.
There's a cab company around here that started something similar 2 years
ago, even now the rest are just catching up, but quite probably way too late
as this company now has the lions share of the market. You call or text for
a taxi and a text is recieved back telling you reg number, colour and make
of car that has been despatched and how long it will be, then when it's
outside your phone rings and a text arrives 1 minute later in case you
missed the call. The driver does nothing to instigate any of this, it's all
done electronically

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/01/2014 16:52, Phil L wrote:

[...]

Yeah, computers are great, once you get them working for you instead of
you working for them.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , djc wrote:

Your parcel has been delivered and signed for by CLARK at 13:37 on Tue

Yep, DPD seem to be the best (by far).

Unlike the completely useless Yodel. Ebuyer have been emailing me for the
last 3 months offering me free next day delivery. Decide to use it yesterday
and Yodel have failed to deliver.

Ebuyer can't explain why yodel are sitting on the parcel.

Grrrr...

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/sh...da67168c7367cd

http://goo.gl/k6wAvr

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday 07 January 2014 19:56 D.M.Chapman wrote in uk.d-i-y:

In article , djc
wrote:

Your parcel has been delivered and signed for by CLARK at 13:37 on Tue

Yep, DPD seem to be the best (by far).

Unlike the completely useless Yodel. Ebuyer have been emailing me for the
last 3 months offering me free next day delivery. Decide to use it
yesterday and Yodel have failed to deliver.

Ebuyer can't explain why yodel are sitting on the parcel.

Grrrr...

MobileFun have done the right thing - I choose from a list of NAMED couriers
and delivery times with varying prices.

Needless to say I chose DPD and was very pleased to see the on the list.

*That's* the way it should be

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 13:57:32 +0000, Bob Minchin
wrote:

I agree they are by far the best service as a recipient and must be
competitive for trade senders. I've not tried using them as a private
sender.

They are a good service but about £1 per parcel more expensive than
most other carriers on medium sized contracts (50-500 parcels/day).
Somewhat more for smaller contracts as I recall.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , djc
writes
Parcel Status
Your order will be delivered today by Suman, your DPD driver, between
13:06 and 14:06

13:16 GMT
Suman is currently making delivery number 96, you are delivery number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

13:19
Suman is currently making delivery number 98, you are delivery number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

13:22
Suman is currently taking a dump behind your front hedge.
You can watch Suman taking a dump on our map.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I agree they are by far the best service as a recipient and must be
competitive for trade senders. I've not tried using them as a private
sender.

They are a good service but about £1 per parcel more expensive than
most other carriers on medium sized contracts (50-500 parcels/day).
Somewhat more for smaller contracts as I recall.

I've just ordered about 100Kg of assorted flours from Shipton Mill who
use DPD... Free delivery for orders over £30! Apparently they have to
box sacks of flour - wonder what a box with a 25Kg sack inside is going
to look like...

Gordon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 13:42:19 +0000, djc wrote:

Parcel Status
Your order will be delivered today by Suman, your DPD driver, between
13:06 and 14:06

Yeah we watched the driver deliver loads of parcels all across
Chadderton before he got to us. Fun!

13:16 GMT
Suman is currently making delivery number 96, you are delivery number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

13:19
Suman is currently making delivery number 98, you are delivery number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

http://qwpynex.eu/Screenshot-DPD_delivery_info.png

Your parcel has been delivered and signed for by CLARK at 13:37 on Tue

, though why the van was in Interlink Express livery remains a mystery.

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 13:42:19 +0000, djc wrote:

Parcel Status
Your order will be delivered today by Suman, your DPD driver, between
13:06 and 14:06

13:16 GMT
Suman is currently making delivery number 96, you are delivery number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

13:19
Suman is currently making delivery number 98, you are delivery number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

http://qwpynex.eu/Screenshot-DPD_delivery_info.png

Your parcel has been delivered and signed for by CLARK at 13:37 on Tue

, though why the van was in Interlink Express livery remains a mystery.

Very reliable. I use Amazon Prime and have had 23 next day deliveries
in the last 3 and a bit months, including 2 placed after 6pm, all
without a single problem.
--
rbel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

mogga put finger to keyboard:

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 13:42:19 +0000, djc wrote:

Parcel Status Your order will be delivered today by Suman, your DPD
driver, between 13:06 and 14:06

Yeah we watched the driver deliver loads of parcels all across
Chadderton before he got to us. Fun!

Maybe you have to 'Like' DPD on FB to increase your delivery priority.

Delivery notice (maybe OT?) Ed Pawlowski Woodworking 13 October 14th 13 12:44 AM
UPS delivery Randy333 Metalworking 16 December 15th 11 01:50 PM
CPC free delivery again Bob Eager UK diy 8 January 13th 11 02:28 PM
Oil Delivery Ripoff? 444 Home Ownership 6 January 12th 06 09:33 PM
Delivery Notification: Delivery has been successful PMDF e-Mail Interconnect UK diy 0 December 12th 03 04:25 AM