Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Why I like delivery by DPD

djc wrote:
Parcel Status
Your order will be delivered today by Suman, your DPD driver, between
13:06 and 14:06

13:16 GMT
Suman is currently making delivery number 96, you are delivery number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

13:19
Suman is currently making delivery number 98, you are delivery number 99.
Suman is approximately 15 minutes away from you.
You can watch Suman's progress on our map.

http://qwpynex.eu/Screenshot-DPD_delivery_info.png

Your parcel has been delivered and signed for by CLARK at 13:37 on Tue

, though why the van was in Interlink Express livery remains a mystery.

No mystery really. They are part of the same company and have similar
customer interface.
It is only the express service that gives you delivery numbers and
minute by minute tracking but even the basic service give you an email
early in the morning of the delivery day stating a 1 hour window for the
delivery.
I agree they are by far the best service as a recipient and must be
competitive for trade senders. I've not tried using them as a private
sender.
Other carriers take note.