Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default where to buy chairs of this type used in Starbucks?

Hello,

I hope this question is on-topic for uk.d-i-y. I am refitting my kitchen
and there's a small area in it in which a couple of these chairs would go
very nicely. The only place I've seen these chairs is in Starbucks. They
have a fabric cushioned back and seat and an exposed metal frame. What make
are these chairs and where can I get some?

https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg

Thanks!

Harry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harold Davis" wrote in message
Hello,

I hope this question is on-topic for uk.d-i-y. I am refitting my kitchen
and there's a small area in it in which a couple of these chairs would go
very nicely. The only place I've seen these chairs is in Starbucks. They
have a fabric cushioned back and seat and an exposed metal frame. What make
are these chairs and where can I get some?

https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg

Thanks!

Harry

Cassina do a lot of contract furnishing for Starbucks,
you can check out their styles on the net.

I doubt you'd be able to buy them retail at an
affordable price, assuming you can find them at all,
as they're sold through top end stores.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/09/2019 12:38, Harold Davis wrote:
Hello,

I hope this question is on-topic for uk.d-i-y. I am refitting my kitchen
and there's a small area in it in which a couple of these chairs would go
very nicely. The only place I've seen these chairs is in Starbucks. They
have a fabric cushioned back and seat and an exposed metal frame. What make
are these chairs and where can I get some?

https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg

Thanks!

Harry

Look like 'office' chairs to me

Try 'reception chair' or 'catering chair' search terms. Plenty like but
not found and exactrmatch

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/09/2019 12:38, Harold Davis wrote:
Hello,

I hope this question is on-topic for uk.d-i-y. I am refitting my kitchen
and there's a small area in it in which a couple of these chairs would go
very nicely. The only place I've seen these chairs is in Starbucks. They
have a fabric cushioned back and seat and an exposed metal frame. What make
are these chairs and where can I get some?

https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg

Thanks!

Harry

Try googling for pub furniture suppliers. The hits should be the types
of companies that supply chairs, tables and such like to pubs,
restaurants etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes they also probably bought a heck of a lot of them when they did a refit
and got a good discount!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"michael adams" mjadams25@ukonline wrote in message

"Harold Davis" wrote in message
Hello,

I hope this question is on-topic for uk.d-i-y. I am refitting my kitchen
and there's a small area in it in which a couple of these chairs would go
very nicely. The only place I've seen these chairs is in Starbucks. They
have a fabric cushioned back and seat and an exposed metal frame. What
make
are these chairs and where can I get some?

https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg

Thanks!

Harry

Cassina do a lot of contract furnishing for Starbucks,
you can check out their styles on the net.

I doubt you'd be able to buy them retail at an
affordable price, assuming you can find them at all,
as they're sold through top end stores.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"michael adams" mjadams25@ukonline wrote in message

"Harold Davis" wrote in message
Hello,

I hope this question is on-topic for uk.d-i-y. I am refitting my kitchen
and there's a small area in it in which a couple of these chairs would go
very nicely. The only place I've seen these chairs is in Starbucks. They
have a fabric cushioned back and seat and an exposed metal frame. What make
are these chairs and where can I get some?

https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg

Thanks!

Harry

Cassina do a lot of contract furnishing for Starbucks,
you can check out their styles on the net.

Correction: they did the contract furniture for Starbucks
in Milan. Which may not be unconnected with the fact that
Cassina HQ is just down the road at Meda.

They do look really stylish but look a bit too flimsy to
survive for too long in a cofffe shop dunno. But the same
could have been said for the Ernest Race Antelope Festival
of Britain chair.

I doubt you'd be able to buy them retail although looking
at the rest of the furniture in your photo it almoat looks
as if managers (or someone) are given discretion to kit out
their stores at local auctions. To give it that lived in
look. The wooden chairs and table certainly give that
impression.

Have you tried asking the manager ?

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harold Davis wrote:
Hello,

I hope this question is on-topic for uk.d-i-y. I am refitting my kitchen
and there's a small area in it in which a couple of these chairs would go
very nicely. The only place I've seen these chairs is in Starbucks. They
have a fabric cushioned back and seat and an exposed metal frame. What make
are these chairs and where can I get some?

https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg

Thanks!

Harry

Could you go into the cafe and turn one of the chairs upside down and see
if it has any identification label,possibly by asking first of just
pretending you needed to move it to pick up a dropped wallet.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Marland wrote in
:

Harold Davis wrote:
Hello,

I hope this question is on-topic for uk.d-i-y. I am refitting my
kitchen and there's a small area in it in which a couple of these
chairs would go very nicely. The only place I've seen these chairs is
in Starbucks. They have a fabric cushioned back and seat and an
exposed metal frame. What make are these chairs and where can I get
some?

https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg

Thanks!

Could you go into the cafe and turn one of the chairs upside down
and see
if it has any identification label,possibly by asking first of just
pretending you needed to move it to pick up a dropped wallet.

Oh I've already done that. No luck!

Also I am not sure what proportion of Starbucks outlets have them. I've
only seen them in Starbucks at two motorway service stations.

Harry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harold Davis wrote:

What make are these chairs and where can I get some?
https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg

"hairpin chair legs" was the magic search phase

https://neildavid.com/item/f1-easy-chair
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/09/2019 08:05, Andy Burns wrote:
Harold Davis wrote:

What make are these chairs and where can I get some?
https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg

"hairpin chair legs" was the magic search phase

https://neildavid.com/item/f1-easy-chair

The tube(?) supporting the back rest seems to be a bit thin and with
someone sitting on the chair and tipping it backwards to balance on the
rear leg supports it looks if the back support would fail. I'm surprised
that they used it in a commercial environment.

It reminds me of some tubular steel chairs purchased at my previous
place of work that although specified for a static load very much
heavier than any member of staff they often failed when someone
"plonked" themselves quickly from a fairly low height above the seat.
Luckily it was always a partial failure and the seat height fell by a
couple of inches at the back.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

The tube(?) supporting the back rest seems to be a bit thin

The corresponding soda looks worse ...

https://neildavid.com/item/f1-sofa
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 08:05:58 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Harold Davis wrote:

What make are these chairs and where can I get some?
https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg

"hairpin chair legs" was the magic search phase

https://neildavid.com/item/f1-easy-chair

Brilliant work! But I doubt the OP could afford even one at £661.
https://clippings.com/products/f1-easy-chair-1325415
--
Dave W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave W wrote:

I doubt the OP could afford even one at £661.
https://clippings.com/products/f1-easy-chair-1325415

Ouch! but £738 if you want something other than 'clockwork orange'
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Harold Davis wrote:

What make are these chairs and where can I get some?
https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg

"hairpin chair legs" was the magic search phase

https://neildavid.com/item/f1-easy-chair

Brilliant work! But I doubt the OP could afford even one at £661.
https://clippings.com/products/f1-easy-chair-1325415

Ditto.

None of the dealers linked on his website showed any prices,
if they stocked him at all. So all I could find, apart from
the fact he was Dutch and made all his stuff in the Netherlands,
was that the Starbucks in Johannesburg had FI chairs in 2016.

https://www.archilovers.com/projects...allery?1668314

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote in news:gu0temFpgh4U1
@mid.individual.net:

Harold Davis wrote:

What make are these chairs and where can I get some?
https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg

"hairpin chair legs" was the magic search phase

https://neildavid.com/item/f1-easy-chair

Many thanks for this!

Harry

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harold Davis wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

https://neildavid.com/item/f1-easy-chair

Many thanks for this!

I did wonder if you'd be back to see it ... not cheap though.