Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Digital Toslink Fibre Audio Optical Splitter Adapter Cable

I have received one of these from Ebay. It has no output on either
terminal. Am I just unlucky or are these items flaky? I need another
Optical audio output from my TV. Are there any other suggestions please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2019 10:44, Broadback wrote:
I have received one of these from Ebay. It has no output on either
terminal. Am I just unlucky or are these items flaky? I need another
Optical audio output from my TV. Are there any other suggestions please?

If you raise the shutters on the output(s) can you see the red light?

On Amazon 25% of purchasers gave similar a 1 star review. Many
indicating a shoddy product with poor physical connections possibly
indicating the misalignment of the light output.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2019 11:11, alan_m wrote:
On 03/09/2019 10:44, Broadback wrote:
I have received one of these from Ebay. It has no output on either
terminal. Am I just unlucky or are these items flaky? I need another
Optical audio output from my TV. Are there any other suggestions please?

If you raise the shutters on the output(s) can you see the red light?

On Amazon 25% of purchasers gave similar a 1 star review.Â* Many
indicating a shoddy product with poor physical connections possibly
indicating the misalignment of the light output.

I can see neither a red light or shutters!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

I can see neither a red light or shutters!

the shutters are on the kit, not the cable, what can you see if you
shine a torch down the cable?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2019 11:18, Andy Burns wrote:
Broadback wrote:

I can see neither a red light or shutters!

the shutters are on the kit, not the cable, what can you see if you
shine a torch down the cable?

Sadly it looks no different with or without the torch. Same for the cable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

Sadly it looks no different with or without the torch. Same for the cable.

The ones I can see in eBay don't sound like splitters, or it could just
be chinglish

"Connects 2 separate Toslink inputs into 1 output"

"only one of the output cables will work at a time"

got a link to the actual item?