Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default money laundering

guy just came to my door tonight with 12000 cash to buy a car he had
viewed the other day...I told him that he would have to come with me to the
bank tomorrow to state where the money came from...was I right to do that or
should I have just taken the cash ? .....what would have happened...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/08/2019 18:57, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
guy just came to my door tonight with £12000 cash to buy a car he had
viewed the other day...I told him that he would have to come with me to the
bank tomorrow to state where the money came from...was I right to do that or
should I have just taken the cash ? .....what would have happened...

I don't think private individuals have a legal duty to check against
money laundering; only banks and the like.

Unless the notes smell strongly of marijuana...

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
news
On 19/08/2019 18:57, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
guy just came to my door tonight with 12000 cash to buy a car he had
viewed the other day...I told him that he would have to come with me to
the
bank tomorrow to state where the money came from...was I right to do that
or
should I have just taken the cash ? .....what would have happened...

I don't think private individuals have a legal duty to check against money
laundering; only banks and the like.

Unless the notes smell strongly of marijuana...

but what if they check up and I lose the money ? ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Max Demian wrote:
On 19/08/2019 18:57, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
guy just came to my door tonight with £12000 cash to buy a car he had
viewed the other day...I told him that he would have to come with me to the
bank tomorrow to state where the money came from...was I right to do that or
should I have just taken the cash ? .....what would have happened...

I don't think private individuals have a legal duty to check against
money laundering; only banks and the like.

Unless the notes smell strongly of marijuana...

Or faeces, once Jims had his hands on them for more than 5 minutes anyway.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 19 August 2019 18:58:06 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
guy just came to my door tonight with £12000 cash to buy a car
he had viewed the other day...I told him that he would have to
come with me to the bank tomorrow to state where the money came
from...was I right to do that or should I have just taken the
cash ? .....what would have happened...

Your bank would have asked you where the money came from. Presumably you would have a copy of the advert and the car sale/transfer forms to substantiate that, if asked to provide it.

Start doing it too often and you run the risk of your account being frozen for investigation.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Monday, 19 August 2019 18:58:06 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
guy just came to my door tonight with 12000 cash to buy a car
he had viewed the other day...I told him that he would have to
come with me to the bank tomorrow to state where the money came
from...was I right to do that or should I have just taken the
cash ? .....what would have happened...

Your bank would have asked you where the money came from. Presumably you
would have a copy of the advert and the car sale/transfer forms to
substantiate that, if asked to provide it.

Start doing it too often and you run the risk of your account being frozen
for investigation.

Owain

stuff that I am taking him to the bank with me tomorrow to explain where the
cash came from....he was saying he doesn't like banks and keeps cash
only.....his problem I am not going to make it mine....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/08/2019 18:57, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
guy just came to my door tonight with £12000 cash to buy a car he had
viewed the other day...I told him that he would have to come with me to the
bank tomorrow to state where the money came from...was I right to do that or
should I have just taken the cash ? .....what would have happened...

Was it all in £50s? Round here petrol station won't accept them because
of forgeries. I'd have thought that was the biggest risk (assuming you
have V5C records for the transfer).

I know a few people with cash businesses who regularly carry round
several thousand pounds in cash.

I was once asked very politely by a bank where a cheque for a few £k had
come from, but they were perfectly happy with my explanation (iirc it
was a legacy from the executor).

I paid £1100 into a post office in 10's and 20's a couple of weeks ago,
it just went straight into the counting machine. I don't know whether
these have some fake detection in them. But that is below the level that
trips the "laundering" check.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 19/08/2019 18:57, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
guy just came to my door tonight with 12000 cash to buy a car he had
viewed the other day...I told him that he would have to come with me to
the
bank tomorrow to state where the money came from...was I right to do that
or
should I have just taken the cash ? .....what would have happened...

Was it all in 50s? Round here petrol station won't accept them because of
forgeries. I'd have thought that was the biggest risk (assuming you have
V5C records for the transfer).

scottish money not many forgeries about.....I considered that as well and
was another reason I wanted the buyer there when I was paying it in.....

I know a few people with cash businesses who regularly carry round several
thousand pounds in cash.

I was once asked very politely by a bank where a cheque for a few k had
come from, but they were perfectly happy with my explanation (iirc it was
a legacy from the executor).

I paid 1100 into a post office in 10's and 20's a couple of weeks ago, it
just went straight into the counting machine. I don't know whether these
have some fake detection in them. But that is below the level that trips
the "laundering" check.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote

guy just came to my door tonight with 12000 cash to buy a car he had
viewed the other day...I told him that he would have to come with me to
the bank tomorrow to state where the money came from...

Mad.

was I right to do that

Nope.

or should I have just taken the cash ?

Yep.

.....what would have happened...

What ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Max Demian" wrote in message
news
On 19/08/2019 18:57, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
guy just came to my door tonight with 12000 cash to buy a car he had
viewed the other day...I told him that he would have to come with me to
the
bank tomorrow to state where the money came from...was I right to do
that or
should I have just taken the cash ? .....what would have happened...

I don't think private individuals have a legal duty to check against
money laundering; only banks and the like.

Unless the notes smell strongly of marijuana...

but what if they check up and I lose the money ? ...

They can't and you wont.

Even if they have the bank note numbers recorded
and were a bait used to catch say a blackmailer and
the cops managed to **** up completely and didnt
manage to stop the blackmailer getting away with
the bag of cash, you still wouldnt lose the money.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/08/2019 02:01, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Max Demian" wrote in message
news
[...]

If they were counterfeit I assure you would forfeit the lot and likely
lose the car.

Perhaps in the land of criminal forefathers things might be different?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Max Demian" wrote in message
news On 19/08/2019 18:57, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

Sure, but its trivial to check if its counterfeit before handing over the
car.

and likely lose the car.

Bull**** if he trys to register it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 19 August 2019 20:36:10 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Your bank would have asked you where the money came from. Presumably you
would have a copy of the advert and the car sale/transfer forms to
substantiate that, if asked to provide it.

stuff that I am taking him to the bank with me tomorrow to explain where the
cash came from

Doesn't prove anything; he could be lying too. Banks and regulators like paperwork.

Only advantage of meeting him at the bank with cash is that he can't get the keys then mug you for the money.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Monday, 19 August 2019 20:36:10 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Your bank would have asked you where the money came from. Presumably you
would have a copy of the advert and the car sale/transfer forms to
substantiate that, if asked to provide it.

stuff that I am taking him to the bank with me tomorrow to explain where
the
cash came from

Doesn't prove anything; he could be lying too. Banks and regulators like
paperwork.

Only advantage of meeting him at the bank with cash is that he can't get
the keys then mug you for the money.

Owain

as if he would ... you have been reading too many lies about Glasgow

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 11:01:57 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

but what if they check up and I lose the money ? ...

They can't and you wont.

Even if they have the bank note numbers recorded
and were a bait used to catch say a blackmailer and
the cops managed to **** up completely and didnt
manage to stop the blackmailer getting away with
the bag of cash, you still wouldnt lose the money.

The hilarious thing is that you are always absolutely CERTAIN of the
validity of the bull**** you keep making up ad hoc, you clinically insane,
"all-knowing", sociopathic swine! LOL

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 12:40:55 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

If they were counterfeit I assure you would forfeit the lot

Sure, but its trivial to check if its counterfeit before handing over the
car.

What could be more trivial than your clinically insane trolling and
auto-contradicting in these groups, you sociopathic swine!

"Bull****" would make the perfect nym for you, senile bull**** artist!

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 10:56:46 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole troll's latest troll****

....and better air in here, again!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
guy just came to my door tonight with 12000 cash to buy a car he had
viewed the other day...I told him that he would have to come with me to
the bank tomorrow to state where the money came from...was I right to
do that or should I have just taken the cash ? .....what would have
happened...

I'd want it checked for forgeries anyway. Paying that amount in cash is
very unusual these days.

--
*When the going gets tough, the tough take a coffee break *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 20/08/2019 13:00, whisky-dave wrote:

What if it's counterfiet, I knew someone that had some counterfiet £20 notes he wanted to get rid off, he tried to sell them for a £5 each.
In the end he used them to buy himself a couple of prostitutes in a kebab house in paddington.

So, both sides of the transaction were fake.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
On 20/08/2019 13:00, whisky-dave wrote:

What if it's counterfiet, I knew someone that had some counterfiet 20
notes he wanted to get rid off, he tried to sell them for a 5 each.
In the end he used them to buy himself a couple of prostitutes in a kebab
house in paddington.

So, both sides of the transaction were fake.

all that fake groaning....yes yes yes !!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

well they took it no bother...counted it by hand then in a machine...took
the name of the buyer though ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 20 August 2019 14:55:36 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
On 20/08/2019 13:00, whisky-dave wrote:

What if it's counterfiet, I knew someone that had some counterfiet Ł20
notes he wanted to get rid off, he tried to sell them for a Ł5 each.
In the end he used them to buy himself a couple of prostitutes in a kebab
house in paddington.

So, both sides of the transaction were fake.

all that fake groaning....yes yes yes !!!

I thought he was talking about the kebabs ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
On 20/08/2019 13:00, whisky-dave wrote:

What if it's counterfiet, I knew someone that had some counterfiet L20
notes he wanted to get rid off, he tried to sell them for a L5 each.
In the end he used them to buy himself a couple of prostitutes in a
kebab
house in paddington.

So, both sides of the transaction were fake.

all that fake groaning....yes yes yes !!!

I thought he was talking about the kebabs ;-)

Donna ?