Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cleaning lead flashing

replying to Edrich, Laney wrote:
Use a scourer to clean it and then put some plantation oil to protect it

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ing-87133-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is this a record a reply to a 15 year old post.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/08/2019 23:01, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Is this a record a reply to a 15 year old post.

Richard

Nope. I think we have seen posts answered from the last century

--
€œThe fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that
the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 9:14:03 PM UTC+1, Laney wrote:
replying to Edrich, Laney wrote:
Use a scourer to clean it and then put some plantation oil to protect it

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ing-87133-.htm

Cotton plantation? Pineapple plantation? Cannabis plantation, come on give us a clue.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not if its The home owners club portal its not.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
Is this a record a reply to a 15 year old post.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

He he, one of the problems with lead flashing is how its actually held on in
the first place. Seems odd to me that even now nobody has come up with some
new wonder material for the use. Lead is after all not very nice
environmentally either,I've seen it held on with rusty nails.

AS for why people reply to old posts. Its because they are used to forums
where threads are short lived and often locked. Using Usenet of course is a
whole different way of working and although it is true that on Home Owners
club it is relatively easy to see the date of te post, many do not think to
look for the reason stated above.
Brian

--
----- --

"Heliotrope Smith." wrote in message
On Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 9:14:03 PM UTC+1, Laney wrote:
replying to Edrich, Laney wrote:
Use a scourer to clean it and then put some plantation oil to protect it

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ing-87133-.htm

Cotton plantation? Pineapple plantation? Cannabis plantation, come on give
us a clue.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
He he, one of the problems with lead flashing is how its actually held
on in the first place. Seems odd to me that even now nobody has come up
with some new wonder material for the use. Lead is after all not very
nice environmentally either,I've seen it held on with rusty nails.

Lead flashing is normally chased into the wall. If bricks, usually by
stepping it into the mortar between courses. Very satisfying to do.
Plenty alternatives have been used. But done properly, lead can last
hundreds of years.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

cleaning lead flashing stains off a glass conservatory roof... Jim K[_2_] UK diy 4 August 16th 10 09:29 PM
Cleaning Lead Flashing MrC Home Repair 1 January 12th 05 08:42 PM
Lead flashing Dave UK diy 1 June 2nd 04 09:55 PM
How to fit lead flashing into brickwork? Cubik UK diy 7 September 27th 03 10:05 AM
Can copper flashing be used over existing galvonized flashing? Jay Spenchian Home Repair 10 August 22nd 03 05:42 PM