Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cleaning lead flashing

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
He he, one of the problems with lead flashing is how its actually held
on in the first place. Seems odd to me that even now nobody has come up
with some new wonder material for the use. Lead is after all not very
nice environmentally either,I've seen it held on with rusty nails.

Lead flashing is normally chased into the wall. If bricks, usually by
stepping it into the mortar between courses. Very satisfying to do.
Plenty alternatives have been used. But done properly, lead can last
hundreds of years.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.