Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default silver sand gets washed away

I have some block paving that's on a slope. The slope varies from 1:40
to 1:10. When the rain washes across the area it takes some of the
silver sand. What's the way to stop this happening?

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2019 17:11, Bill Wright wrote:
I have some block paving that's on a slope. The slope varies from 1:40
to 1:10. When the rain washes across the area it takes some of the
silver sand. What's the way to stop this happening?

Bill

Move to the south east where it doesn't rain as much.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If anyone knows tell the local council who are now having similar issues the
next stage is weed growth between the blocks.
I guess it needs courser sand. anything really small and light is bound to
wash away. It all makes work for the working man to do etc, Planned
obsolescence and all that stuff.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
I have some block paving that's on a slope. The slope varies from 1:40 to
1:10. When the rain washes across the area it takes some of the silver
sand. What's the way to stop this happening?

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2019 17:11, Bill Wright wrote:
I have some block paving that's on a slope. The slope varies from 1:40
to 1:10. When the rain washes across the area it takes some of the
silver sand. What's the way to stop this happening?

Block paving sand stabiliser

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright Wrote in message:
I have some block paving that's on a slope. The slope varies from 1:40
to 1:10. When the rain washes across the area it takes some of the
silver sand. What's the way to stop this happening?

Bill

Polymeric sand?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 5 August 2019 17:11:16 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
I have some block paving that's on a slope. The slope varies from 1:40
to 1:10. When the rain washes across the area it takes some of the
silver sand. What's the way to stop this happening?

Bill

any non-loose infill. Epoxy sand, mortar, bitumen etc.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2019 18:46, nightjar wrote:
Block paving sand stabiliser

Thank you.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote:

I have some block paving that's on a slope. The slope varies from 1:40
to 1:10. When the rain washes across the area it takes some of the
silver sand. What's the way to stop this happening?

Does the rain wash it out at the edge of the outside blocks? If so, a
vertical seam of clear silicone ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2019 17:11, Bill Wright wrote:
I have some block paving that's on a slope. The slope varies from 1:40
to 1:10. When the rain washes across the area it takes some of the
silver sand. What's the way to stop this happening?

Bill

cut it with cement
4:1 will set hard. 10:1 will be crumbly but stay put

all women"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 5 August 2019 17:36:09 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 05/08/2019 17:11, Bill Wright wrote:
I have some block paving that's on a slope. The slope varies from 1:40
to 1:10. When the rain washes across the area it takes some of the
silver sand. What's the way to stop this happening?

Bill

Move to the south east where it doesn't rain as much.

I wonder if hiring a Chinook helicopter could help solve the problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2019 17:11, Bill Wright wrote:
I have some block paving that's on a slope. The slope varies from 1:40
to 1:10. When the rain washes across the area it takes some of the
silver sand. What's the way to stop this happening?

Bill

When this happened in Barry, after a massive thunderstorm
all the fancy block paving in the town centre was washed
up into big piles of blocks, just like the ripples
in the sand at Barry Island.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2019 17:11, Bill Wright wrote:
I have some block paving that's on a slope. The slope varies from 1:40
to 1:10. When the rain washes across the area it takes some of the
silver sand. What's the way to stop this happening?

Bill

cut it with cement
4:1 will set hard. 10:1 will be crumbly but stay put

And look utterly naff.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/08/2019 18:01, Andrew wrote:
On 05/08/2019 17:11, Bill Wright wrote:
I have some block paving that's on a slope. The slope varies from
1:40 to 1:10. When the rain washes across the area it takes some of
the silver sand. What's the way to stop this happening?

Bill

cut it with cement
4:1 will set hard. 10:1 will be crumbly but stay put

And look utterly naff.

Not as naff as a pile of blocks ...

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people

Peter Thompson