Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default part of pool deck washed away

Hi
During hurricane Wilma my concrete pool deck had some damage
requiring it to be (light transformer box damaged from tree landing on
deck) to cut open to replace the electric conduit. While they had the
deck cut open (narrow strip to replace iron conduit pipe with PVC) the
workers discovered that the deck was sitting on air in the middle with
the outer areas connected to either the pool or to the house. The
skimmer on my pool had developed a leak such that the water from the
pool has been going under the concrete deck of the patio area and
washed away the sand that the deck was sitting on. I have the three
following questions.
1. How do we determine the extent of the wash away? We only have a
narrow section strip open.
2. What is the best way to repair it?
3. Would home owners insurance cover the cost of determining the
extent the missing foundation and the repair of the missing
foundation??

Regards

Ralph