Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower curtain hooks

I bought a new shower curtain, which has reinforced eyes for the hooks.
The rail is a type you see in hospitals, L shaped with a support from
the ceiling in the middle at the bend, so ordinary loops cannot be used
over the rail. The rail has 13 plastic runners in it, with a small
hole. The usual curly plastic curtain hooks this type

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Curtain-H...6cVCriZMP8gzDA

- are too narrow at the narrowest part of the hook, to fit on the rail
runner, or the curtain eyelet. They work fine on a curtain without
reinfrced eyes. I have been unable to find any wider hooks, so for now
I have had to botch it with metal sew on hooks. Surely there should be
something made to fit a shower curtain to a rail properly?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/05/2019 10:47, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I bought a new shower curtain, which has reinforced eyes for the hooks.
The rail is a type you see in hospitals, L shaped with a support from
the ceiling in the middle at the bend, so ordinary loops cannot be used
over the rail. The rail has 13 plastic runners in it, with a small hole.
The usual curly plastic curtain hooks this type

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Curtain-H...6cVCriZMP8gzDA

- are too narrow at the narrowest part of the hook, to fit on the rail
runner, or the curtain eyelet. They work fine on a curtain without
reinfrced eyes. I have been unable to find any wider hooks, so for now I
have had to botch it with metal sew on hooks. Surely there should be
something made to fit a shower curtain to a rail properly?

Try the proper ones, like this..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Sho...tFCP wH8u_eVg

Not originals though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home laid this down on his screen :
Try the proper ones, like this..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Sho...tFCP wH8u_eVg

Not originals though.

They will fit, thanks Dennis..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/05/2019 10:47, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I bought a new shower curtain, which has reinforced eyes for the hooks.
The rail is a type you see in hospitals, L shaped with a support from
the ceiling in the middle at the bend, so ordinary loops cannot be used
over the rail. The rail has 13 plastic runners in it, with a small hole.
The usual curly plastic curtain hooks this type

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Curtain-H...6cVCriZMP8gzDA

- are too narrow at the narrowest part of the hook, to fit on the rail
runner, or the curtain eyelet. They work fine on a curtain without
reinfrced eyes. I have been unable to find any wider hooks, so for now I
have had to botch it with metal sew on hooks. Surely there should be
something made to fit a shower curtain to a rail properly?

Search ebay for shower curtain hooks and you will find different designs
such as

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EcoSpa-Re...bihStSa8rMIszQ

Cleaning curtain hooks News UK diy 29 September 14th 14 08:33 PM
track join not even causing curtain hooks to get stuck... sandiyan UK diy 1 May 6th 04 06:26 PM
Shower Curtain rail for Corner Bath.. Please help. Rune Langtind UK diy 7 March 2nd 04 10:02 AM
Holes in tile from Shower Curtain - What to do? Gary Dyrkacz Home Repair 3 February 22nd 04 02:26 AM
Holes in tile from Shower Curtain - What to do? Gary Dyrkacz Home Ownership 2 February 21st 04 12:56 AM