Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Further question/thought about position of fan isolator

I've just realised that the toilet extract fan I'm installing is
totally inaccessible from the toilet cubicle itself because it's an
inline fan with ducting either side that will be installed in the
eaves roof space.

So I guess the isolation switch needs to be somewhere in/around the
roof space where the fan is. There's absolutely no point in putting
it in the toilet cubicle.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 7 May 2019 11:50:14 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

I've just realised that the toilet extract fan I'm installing is
totally inaccessible from the toilet cubicle itself because it's an
inline fan with ducting either side that will be installed in the
eaves roof space.

So I guess the isolation switch needs to be somewhere in/around the
roof space where the fan is. There's absolutely no point in putting
it in the toilet cubicle.

Same configuration here- so isolation switch is on adjacent joist so
I /know/ I'm safe when cleaning the fan...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/05/2019 14:24, Geo wrote:
On Tue, 7 May 2019 11:50:14 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

I've just realised that the toilet extract fan I'm installing is
totally inaccessible from the toilet cubicle itself because it's an
inline fan with ducting either side that will be installed in the
eaves roof space.

So I guess the isolation switch needs to be somewhere in/around the
roof space where the fan is. There's absolutely no point in putting
it in the toilet cubicle.

Same configuration here- so isolation switch is on adjacent joist so
I /know/ I'm safe when cleaning the fan...

I used one of this ceiling rose plug and socket for my loft sited inline
fan, provides isolation and easy removal for maintenance/repair etc.
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/ASCR64AX.html

bathroom fan, FCU / isolator location dirt dibbler UK diy 6 August 7th 07 11:36 PM
Why 3 Pole for Fan Isolator Switch RzB UK diy 11 August 16th 06 09:58 PM
Extractor fan isolator switch. Laurie UK diy 1 August 18th 05 01:08 PM
Bathroom fan isolator Lobster UK diy 1 August 9th 05 03:46 AM
Positioning of bathroom fan isolator switch [email protected] UK diy 3 November 3rd 03 09:29 PM