DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Further question/thought about position of fan isolator (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/635390-further-question-thought-about-position-fan-isolator.html)

Chris Green May 7th 19 11:50 AM

Further question/thought about position of fan isolator

I've just realised that the toilet extract fan I'm installing is
totally inaccessible from the toilet cubicle itself because it's an
inline fan with ducting either side that will be installed in the
eaves roof space.

So I guess the isolation switch needs to be somewhere in/around the
roof space where the fan is. There's absolutely no point in putting
it in the toilet cubicle.

--
Chris Green
·

Geo[_3_] May 7th 19 02:24 PM

On Tue, 7 May 2019 11:50:14 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

I've just realised that the toilet extract fan I'm installing is
totally inaccessible from the toilet cubicle itself because it's an
inline fan with ducting either side that will be installed in the
eaves roof space.

So I guess the isolation switch needs to be somewhere in/around the
roof space where the fan is. There's absolutely no point in putting
it in the toilet cubicle.

Same configuration here- so isolation switch is on adjacent joist so
I /know/ I'm safe when cleaning the fan...

robert May 7th 19 03:21 PM

On 07/05/2019 14:24, Geo wrote:
On Tue, 7 May 2019 11:50:14 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

I've just realised that the toilet extract fan I'm installing is
totally inaccessible from the toilet cubicle itself because it's an
inline fan with ducting either side that will be installed in the
eaves roof space.

So I guess the isolation switch needs to be somewhere in/around the
roof space where the fan is. There's absolutely no point in putting
it in the toilet cubicle.

Same configuration here- so isolation switch is on adjacent joist so
I /know/ I'm safe when cleaning the fan...

I used one of this ceiling rose plug and socket for my loft sited inline
fan, provides isolation and easy removal for maintenance/repair etc.
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/ASCR64AX.html