Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing ''hard water" stains from brick work.

We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a
toilet overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on
the wall. I had hoped they would fade but they hadn't. Scrubbing and
power washing hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 18/04/2019 10:58, Brian Reay wrote:

Â*We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a
toilet overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on
the wall. I had hoped they would fade but they hadn't. Scrubbing and
power washing hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Viakal?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2019 10:58, Brian Reay wrote:

Â*We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a
toilet overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on
the wall. I had hoped they would fade but they hadn't. Scrubbing and
power washing hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

brick/Patio acid = HCl

Josef Stalin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay Wrote in message:

We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a
toilet overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on
the wall. I had hoped they would fade but they hadn't. Scrubbing and
power washing hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Oxalic acid? Patio magic et al have it in or "deck restorer".

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay explained on 18/04/2019 :
We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a toilet
overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on the wall. I
had hoped they would fade but they hadn't. Scrubbing and power washing hasn't
helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Ketchup I was once told, would remove it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 18 April 2019 10:58:27 UTC+1, Brian Reay wrote:
We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a
toilet overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on
the wall. I had hoped they would fade but they hadn't. Scrubbing and
power washing hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

it's limescale, use acid

NT