DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removing ''hard water" stains from brick work. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/634851-removing-hard-water-stains-brick-work.html)

Brian Reay[_6_] April 18th 19 10:58 AM

Removing ''hard water" stains from brick work.

We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a
toilet overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on
the wall. I had hoped they would fade but they hadn't. Scrubbing and
power washing hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

GB April 18th 19 11:07 AM

Removing ''hard water" stains from brick work.

On 18/04/2019 10:58, Brian Reay wrote:

Â*We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a
toilet overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on
the wall. I had hoped they would fade but they hadn't. Scrubbing and
power washing hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Viakal?

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] April 18th 19 11:37 AM

Removing ''hard water" stains from brick work.

On 18/04/2019 10:58, Brian Reay wrote:

Â*We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a
toilet overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on
the wall. I had hoped they would fade but they hadn't. Scrubbing and
power washing hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

brick/Patio acid = HCl

Josef Stalin

Jim K.. April 18th 19 03:01 PM

Brian Reay Wrote in message:

We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a
toilet overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on
the wall. I had hoped they would fade but they hadn't. Scrubbing and
power washing hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Oxalic acid? Patio magic et al have it in or "deck restorer".

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Harry Bloomfield[_3_] April 18th 19 05:07 PM

Removing ''hard water" stains from brick work.

Brian Reay explained on 18/04/2019 :
We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a toilet
overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on the wall. I
had hoped they would fade but they hadn't. Scrubbing and power washing hasn't
helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Ketchup I was once told, would remove it.

[email protected] April 18th 19 08:53 PM

On Thursday, 18 April 2019 10:58:27 UTC+1, Brian Reay wrote:
We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a
toilet overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on
the wall. I had hoped they would fade but they hadn't. Scrubbing and
power washing hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

it's limescale, use acid

NT

Brian Gaff April 18th 19 09:00 PM

Removing ''hard water" stains from brick work.

Or match the colour and paint them out?
Brian

--
----- --