Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DraftSight No Longer Free

Hi Guys

Not sure how many users I have recommended this software to, but
unfortunately DraftSight will be a paid for app from later this year.

No way am I complaining, I was amazed to find such a complete semi-pro
drawing application available for free.
Provided you didn't want support it was free for business users as well
as non-commercial. Saved the company some money over the years, and me
the admin of sorting licenses.

All good things etc...

If anyone knows of a similar AutoCAD LT clone that is freely available
please let me know. The only down side is that you would get an alert
when opening a Draftsight drawing in AutoCAD to say that it had been
created using a non-genuine AutoCAD application (or some alert message
very similar).

Just thought I would share.

Phil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

thescullster wrote:

If anyone knows of a similar AutoCAD LT clone that is freely available
please let me know

nanoCAD?
Draftsight for Linux or Mac?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 12:26, thescullster wrote:
Hi Guys

Not sure how many users I have recommended this software to, but
unfortunately DraftSight will be a paid for app from later this year.

No way am I complaining, I was amazed to find such a complete semi-pro
drawing application available for free.
Provided you didn't want support it was free for business users as well
as non-commercial.Â* Saved the company some money over the years, and me
the admin of sorting licenses.

All good things etc...

If anyone knows of a similar AutoCAD LT clone that is freely available
please let me know.Â* The only down side is that you would get an alert
when opening a Draftsight drawing in AutoCAD to say that it had been
created using a non-genuine AutoCAD application (or some alert message
very similar).

Just thought I would share.

You can download a free version of Autocad fusion 360 for personal or
educational use.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Fusion360 any good for you?
Its free for personal use.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
thescullster wrote:
Not sure how many users I have recommended this software to, but
unfortunately DraftSight will be a paid for app from later this year.

No way am I complaining, I was amazed to find such a complete semi-pro
drawing application available for free.
Provided you didn't want support it was free for business users as well
as non-commercial. Saved the company some money over the years, and me
the admin of sorting licenses.

I use it occasionally too, as it is compatible (in the main) with my
favourite CAD prog (ProCAD+) which I paid for on this old RISC OS machine.

It's odd they've left it this late with 3D being the preferred version
these days. Although I'm happy with 2D.

--
*Failure is not an option. It's bundled with your software.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A lot of this of course hs come about due to gdpr and the use of ad blockers
on browsers. In the end no such thing as a free lunch and applications that
gather data now have to tell you they do or be in breach of the law, and
obviously many sites now stop you using them if you use an ad blocker
leaving funding a problem, as they cannot harvest usage data and all the
other stuff in secret any more.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"thescullster" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2019 08:58, Brian Gaff wrote:
A lot of this of course hs come about due to gdpr and the use of ad blockers
on browsers. In the end no such thing as a free lunch and applications that
gather data now have to tell you they do or be in breach of the law, and
obviously many sites now stop you using them if you use an ad blocker
leaving funding a problem, as they cannot harvest usage data and all the
other stuff in secret any more.
Brian

I have no problem with ads, but do object strongly to bandwidth and
processor hogging, animated or video ones, pop-ups and pop-unders. I
also prefer not to be tracked and am fed up of sites where you have to
repeatedly opt-out, even when you visit a sub-page and those that
require you to opt-out of every "associated" tracking company (often
dozens) by visiting their websites individually.

SteveW

FREE FREE FREE FREE burfordTjustice Home Repair 0 March 14th 17 11:21 AM
Screwfix Saturday delivery no longer free for £50 orders - have to spend £100 to qualify now David Robinson UK diy 12 November 7th 10 09:47 AM
FREE! FREE! FREE! fit UK diy 4 October 23rd 09 05:04 PM
need BS part for cheep chiwanese BS that is no longer available[at least to me] lol skeezics Woodworking 6 April 18th 04 08:05 PM
Makita Cordless Drill No Longer Reverses - Can I fix this? DEBORAH DOYLE Woodworking 4 January 24th 04 12:34 AM