Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DraftSight No Longer Free

In article ,
thescullster wrote:
Not sure how many users I have recommended this software to, but
unfortunately DraftSight will be a paid for app from later this year.

No way am I complaining, I was amazed to find such a complete semi-pro
drawing application available for free.
Provided you didn't want support it was free for business users as well
as non-commercial. Saved the company some money over the years, and me
the admin of sorting licenses.

I use it occasionally too, as it is compatible (in the main) with my
favourite CAD prog (ProCAD+) which I paid for on this old RISC OS machine.

It's odd they've left it this late with 3D being the preferred version
these days. Although I'm happy with 2D.

--
*Failure is not an option. It's bundled with your software.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.