Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 90degree shelf brackets wanted.

Any one know of a supplier of shelf brackets similar to these ones from
Screwfix that are actually 90 degrees or a smidgen over if the maker has
allowed for some load?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hi-load-m...-10-pack/56023

The Screwfix ones would be ideal except they are far from 90 degrees and as
they are very strong would not deflect much with the fairly light loading I
will putting on them giving a shelf that will be about 10-15 mm higher at
the front which for my application will not suit.

The much more common €śLondon€ť style are hardly ever 90 degrees either going
from past experience.

Many reviewers of the Screwfix ones pointed this out and I was hoping that
by now maybe more recent batches would be more accurate but a check on a
pack at the the counter with a set square showed they are still being
manufactured greater than 90 degrees.
Due to limited clearance under the shelf designs that have any more to them
than a vertical and horizontal component have to be ruled out as well.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 7 April 2019 20:34:16 UTC+1, Marland wrote:
[...]

Loads of suppliers do an assortment of high load bracket styles. Souds like you'd need to go look & feel.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

If you have a high load, just fit extra brackets.
All brackets flex a bit under load.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
[...]

He's got a LIGHT loading, stupid.

All brackets flex a bit under load.

Not when you have vertical rails
up the front as well as on the wall.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Apr 2019 23:43:04 -0700, harry wrote:

On Sunday, 7 April 2019 20:34:16 UTC+1, Marland wrote:
Any one know of a supplier of shelf brackets similar to these ones from
Screwfix that are actually 90 degrees or a smidgen over if the maker
has allowed for some load?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hi-load-m...9kg-white-350-

x-350mm-10-pack/56023

[...]

Read it again, ****-for-brains. He says he has a light loading and they
are not deflecting.

wish to copy them they can pay me ÂŁ1 a message.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A number of things affect how level brackets are the first being that walls are rarely 100% vertical. The remedy is simple pack the wall out or the shelf which can be done quite discreetly with those brackets.

Rihard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 17:05:09 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

than a vertical and horizontal component have to be ruled out as well.

If you have a high load, just fit extra brackets.

He's got a LIGHT loading, stupid.

All brackets flex a bit under load.

Not when you have vertical rails
up the front as well as on the wall.

IOW, you have no answer to the OP's question, but you HAD to open your
stupid gob anyway, you obnoxious, clinically insane, senile pest from Oz!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2019 20:34, Marland wrote:

Any one know of a supplier of shelf brackets similar to these ones from
Screwfix that are actually 90 degrees or a smidgen over if the maker has
allowed for some load?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hi-load-m...-10-pack/56023

How about:

https://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/...minium+Bracket

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

How about:
https://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk

I hadn't noticed until today that they've been bought by a french group,
seems more business/industry oriented than e.g. a french Kingfisher.

Also they have a new sparkies website ...

https://www.electricaldirect.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 07/04/2019 20:34, Marland wrote:

Any one know of a supplier of shelf brackets similar to these ones from
Screwfix that are actually 90 degrees or a smidgen over if the maker has
allowed for some load?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hi-load-m...-10-pack/56023

How about:

https://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/...minium+Bracket

Ta, gave them a call and they assure me they are a 90 degree bracket so
have ordered some and will check them on arrival . I dont mind a little
fettling but the Screwfix offering is way out.

GH

How strong are shelf brackets (London Brackets) Neil[_18_] UK diy 3 August 20th 16 03:14 PM
Shelf Brackets for Medicine Cabinet John B Woodworking 7 November 22nd 06 07:04 PM
Shelf brackets Dave UK diy 0 April 1st 06 11:21 PM
Cliffhanger shelf brackets newman UK diy 0 October 2nd 05 09:00 PM
B&Q Shelf brackets. Clint Sharp UK diy 2 January 3rd 05 11:45 AM