Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Measure twice

Today I decided to fit a bit of plastic trim around a window opening
prior to tiling the same. I measured the opening, marked up the trim and
offered up the trim to the opening before cutting. It's the correct
length but I cut both mitres in the same direction!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Senior moment:-[
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan_m wrote:

Today I decided to fit a bit of plastic trim around a window opening
prior to tiling the same. I measured the opening, marked up the trim and
offered up the trim to the opening before cutting. It's the correct
length but I cut both mitres in the same direction!!!

Easily done. Now, I tend to draw on the mitre roughly in pencil. So you
are reminded when you cut.

Think that got be going was fitting ornamental coving in a room with a
pair of chimney breasts. Not only which way the mitre went, but which way
up for the coving, and which side of the mark was the waste. Given the
long lengths and using a circular saw bench with not enough clearance
either end for a full length.

--
*There are two sides to every divorce: Yours and **** head's*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/04/2019 13:32, alan_m wrote:

Today I decided to fit a bit of plastic trim around a window opening
prior to tiling the same. I measured the opening, marked up the trim and
offered up the trim to the opening before cutting. It's the correct
length but I cut both mitres in the same direction!!!

Apply a couple of bits of masking tape where you propose to cut before
you offer it up.

I can't recall now why I...

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/04/2019 13:32, alan_m wrote:

Today I decided to fit a bit of plastic trim around a window opening
prior to tiling the same. I measured the opening, marked up the trim and
offered up the trim to the opening before cutting. It's the correct
length but I cut both mitres in the same direction!!!

I did that recently with a worktop. Not too expensive fortunately.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/04/2019 13:47, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Senior moment:-[

New alzheimers test ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

I measured the opening, marked up the trim and
offered up the trim to the opening before cutting. It's the correct
length but I cut both mitres in the same direction!!!

It's at that point you think "phew, good job I've got just enough spare
to cut another length from" and you cut the mitre in the other
direction, then realise you should have cut it in the *other* other
direction!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 18:14:06 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 04/04/2019 13:47, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Senior moment:-[

New alzheimers test ?.

It happens when you're young as well!
When I was in late teens, drilled a 5' 6" high 19" rack for mounting custom
shelves/racks, abot 24 holes each side. Of course, the holes had to be a
mirror image from the inside.
Did them measured from the front, other side from the back.
Corrected the wrong side, so getting another 24 holes, then corected the
other wrong side that should have been done.
At least it looked symmetrical enough to be a 'feature'.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message

Today I decided to fit a bit of plastic trim around a window opening prior
to tiling the same. I measured the opening, marked up the trim and offered
up the trim to the opening before cutting. It's the correct length but I
cut both mitres in the same direction!!!

A Jap would at least have the decency to disembowel itself.

Dont make a mess of the carpet, do it outside so we can hose the gore away.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 09:58:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH senile Ozzietard's latest troll****

....and much better air in here again!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMH TMH is offline

On 04/04/2019 13:32, alan_m wrote:

Today I decided to fit a bit of plastic trim around a window opening
prior to tiling the same. I measured the opening, marked up the trim and
offered up the trim to the opening before cutting. It's the correct
length but I cut both mitres in the same direction!!!

BTDTGTTS!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman