Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does anyone have a Pillar Drill for sale?

Hi All,

I'm a stringed musical instrument maker moving into a studio @ Deptford Cockpit Arts.

I'm looking for a Pillar Drill, either floor standing or smaller table top one, both are fine.

If anyone has one they are selling or knows of anyone please let me know!

Many thanks
Jonathan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jonathan Hill Wrote in message:
Hi All,

I'm a stringed musical instrument maker moving into a studio @ Deptford Cockpit Arts.

I'm looking for a Pillar Drill, either floor standing or smaller table top one, both are fine.

If anyone has one they are selling or knows of anyone please let me know!

Many thanks
Jonathan

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K.. wrote:

Jonathan Hill Wrote in message:
Hi All,

I'm a stringed musical instrument maker moving into a studio @ Deptford
Cockpit Arts.

I'm looking for a Pillar Drill, either floor standing or smaller table
top one, both are fine.

If anyone has one they are selling or knows of anyone please let me
know!

Many thanks
Jonathan

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No harm in asking though, is there? It's not like selling things,
which I think is definitely discouraged.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)

well I noticed the other day someone on Facebook wanted to sell a horse riding saddle, but I couldn't decide whether this is/was a DIY relivent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25jr92i1vs...36.20.png?dl=0

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2019 13:07, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)

well I noticed the other day someone on Facebook wanted to sell a horse riding saddle, but I couldn't decide whether this is/was a DIY relivent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25jr92i1vs...36.20.png?dl=0

You saved the photo then?

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)

well I noticed the other day someone on Facebook wanted to sell a horse riding saddle, but I couldn't decide whether this is/was a DIY relivent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25jr92i1vs...36.20.png?dl=0

Masochism? Probably not strictly DIY... ;-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 16:01:01 UTC, TimW wrote:
On 06/03/2019 13:07, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)

well I noticed the other day someone on Facebook wanted to sell a horse riding saddle, but I couldn't decide whether this is/was a DIY relivent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25jr92i1vs...36.20.png?dl=0

You saved the photo then?

Had to so I could sent it to a few friends that don't use FB.

I didnlt want to advertise the actual FB link in case it's a scam and as I don't like looking at FB links at work or expect others too.....

I do have one french female friend that is a gypsie/treverler type in France she has a few horses and an arty caravan and helps out at some animal shelter in france, she used to go to fetish clubs when she lived in London.

TW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
Jonathan Hill Wrote in message:
Hi All,

I'm a stringed musical instrument maker moving into a studio @ Deptford Cockpit Arts.

I'm looking for a Pillar Drill, either floor standing or smaller table top one, both are fine.

If anyone has one they are selling or knows of anyone please let me know!

Many thanks
Jonathan

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

Don't be ridiculous.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 16:04:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)

well I noticed the other day someone on Facebook wanted to sell a horse riding saddle, but I couldn't decide whether this is/was a DIY relivent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25jr92i1vs...36.20.png?dl=0

Masochism? Probably not strictly DIY... ;-)

I thought Masochism was when you did 'stuff' to yourself while sadoMasochism was when you did it to others usually a partner.

If only I could remmber what happed at TG.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2019 09:53, Jonathan Hill wrote:
Hi All,

I'm a stringed musical instrument maker moving into a studio @ Deptford Cockpit Arts.

I'm looking for a Pillar Drill, either floor standing or smaller table top one, both are fine.

If anyone has one they are selling or knows of anyone please let me know!

Many thanks
Jonathan

If it isn't too critical there are lots available new at reasonable
prices. Machine Mart, B & Q, Toolstation have them at £80 to £100.

If you want second hand try the marketplace on Facebook. It's very good,
fast moving, and lots of gear. It's far better than eBay.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)

well I noticed the other day someone on Facebook wanted to sell a horse
riding saddle, but I couldn't decide whether this is/was a DIY relivent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25jr92i1vs...36.20.png?dl=0

Masochism? Probably not strictly DIY... ;-)

Corse it is when you whip yourself, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 16:33:58 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)

well I noticed the other day someone on Facebook wanted to sell a horse
riding saddle, but I couldn't decide whether this is/was a DIY relivent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25jr92i1vs...36.20.png?dl=0

Masochism? Probably not strictly DIY... ;-)

Corse it is when you whip yourself, stupid.

and you should know if anyone does ;-P

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)

well I noticed the other day someone on Facebook wanted to sell a horse riding
saddle, but I couldn't decide whether this is/was a DIY relivent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25jr92i1vs...36.20.png?dl=0

Masochism? Probably not strictly DIY... ;-)

Corse it is when you whip yourself, stupid.

But if you whip yourself, then that also makes you sadist.

Presumably the degree of sadism which determines how hard
you whip yourself, must match the degree of masochism you
show in enjoying being whipped that hard.

So that they cancel each other out.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2019 16:33, Rod Speed wrote:

Corse it is when you whip yourself, stupid.

Every time you call someone stupid it just makes everyone think that you
are stupid.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2019 18:40, michael adams wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)

well I noticed the other day someone on Facebook wanted to sell a horse riding
saddle, but I couldn't decide whether this is/was a DIY relivent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25jr92i1vs...36.20.png?dl=0

Masochism? Probably not strictly DIY... ;-)

Corse it is when you whip yourself, stupid.

But if you whip yourself, then that also makes you sadist.

Presumably the degree of sadism which determines how hard
you whip yourself, must match the degree of masochism you
show in enjoying being whipped that hard.

So that they cancel each other out.

I don't think you are cut out for it, Michael.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2019 12:47, Jim K.. wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)

I've been holding back recently
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message ...
On 06/03/2019 18:40, michael adams wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)

well I noticed the other day someone on Facebook wanted to sell a horse riding
saddle, but I couldn't decide whether this is/was a DIY relivent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25jr92i1vs...36.20.png?dl=0

Masochism? Probably not strictly DIY... ;-)

Corse it is when you whip yourself, stupid.

But if you whip yourself, then that also makes you sadist.

Presumably the degree of sadism which determines how hard
you whip yourself, must match the degree of masochism you
show in enjoying being whipped that hard.

So that they cancel each other out.

I don't think you are cut out for it, Michael.

Well I must admit I've never really understood how this is supposed to
work.

Basically if you're a sadist who enjoys inflicting pain on other people,
then knowing that they're actually enjoying it, would seem to take a lot
of the fun out of it.

Or at least it would for me.

It also reduces the risk of getting arrested on any number of charges
which you might have thought, would also be part of the fun.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 01:53:33 -0800 (PST), Jonathan Hill
wrote:

Hi All,

I'm a stringed musical instrument maker moving into a studio @ Deptford Cockpit Arts.

I'm looking for a Pillar Drill, either floor standing or smaller table top one, both are fine.

If anyone has one they are selling or knows of anyone please let me know!

Many thanks
Jonathan

There are a few on Gumtree or Ebay.

I have a bought new 500W Aldi device that was cheap, I think around
£50-00.

It stalls a bit too easily though, but I may have the speed set too
high.

One of those desireable things that only gets used twice a year.

I would imagine preloved or Gumtree are the best to monitor. I was
going to upgrade, but after thinking of the duty cycle I thought
sticking to the cash were a better plan.

AB
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 18:57:52 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
On 06/03/2019 16:33, Rod Speed wrote:

Corse it is when you whip yourself, stupid.

Every time you call someone stupid it just makes everyone think that you
are stupid.

Bill

he whipped himself stupid long ago.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"michael adams" Wrote in message:

"TimW" wrote in message ...
On 06/03/2019 18:40, michael adams wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

[...]

M'lud michael's posts usually raise some sort of a smile or at
least a knowing smirk...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)

well I noticed the other day someone on Facebook wanted to sell a horse
riding saddle, but I couldn't decide whether this is/was a DIY
relivent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25jr92i1vs...36.20.png?dl=0

Masochism? Probably not strictly DIY... ;-)

Corse it is when you whip yourself, stupid.

But if you whip yourself, then that also makes you sadist.

Nope, a sadist gets pleasure from inflicting pain ON OTHERS.
https://onelook.com/?w=sadist

Presumably the degree of sadism which determines how hard you whip
yourself,

Nope, even you should have
notice that yourself isnt another.

must match the degree of masochism you
show in enjoying being whipped that hard.

So that they cancel each other out.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you
usually manage and that’s saying something.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Corse it is when you whip yourself, stupid.

Every time you call someone stupid it just
makes everyone think that you are stupid.

Yes, you actually are that stupid, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message
On 06/03/2019 12:47, Jim K.. wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

(This isn't eBay or Freecycle)

No, it's a newsgroup, so anyone can post anything.

TW

& you frequently do ;-)

I've been holding back recently

Only 3 more weeks and you get to hang yourself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message
On 06/03/2019 18:40, michael adams wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

[...]

Sure, but that isnt the situation when you whip yourself, stupid.

Or at least it would for me.

It also reduces the risk of getting arrested on any number of charges
which you might have thought, would also be part of the fun.

Again, nothing illegal about whipping yourself, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 21:24:50 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Again, nothing illegal about whipping yourself, stupid.

nominally no, but you may be incarcerated in a mental institution for it, ie imprisoned.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Hi All,

I'm a stringed musical instrument maker moving into a studio @ Deptford
Cockpit Arts.

I'm looking for a Pillar Drill, either floor standing or smaller table top
one, both are fine.

If anyone has one they are selling or knows of anyone please let me know!

Many thanks
Jonathan

There are a few on Gumtree or Ebay.

Lots on facebook market place and those are usually
better because with something that heavy its easier to find
a local one and just go and get it than to have it shipped.

I have a bought new 500W Aldi device that was cheap, I think around
£50-00.

It stalls a bit too easily though, but I may have the speed set too
high.

One of those desireable things that only gets used twice a year.

Yeah, some jobs are much better done with a pillar drill.

I would imagine preloved or Gumtree are the best to monitor. I was
going to upgrade, but after thinking of the duty cycle I thought
sticking to the cash were a better plan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2019 21:16, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

Only 3 more weeks and you get to hang yourself.

You need to work on the quality of your posts Rod. Less and better. Take
your time and see if you can write something which will make you feel
proud. Not **** like that which is just an embarrassment.

TW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TimW wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Only 3 more weeks and you get to hang yourself.

You need to work on the quality of your posts Rod.

Nope, fools like you dont qualify for that.

reams of your **** any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed where it
belongs

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 08:24:39 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

It also reduces the risk of getting arrested on any number of charges
which you might have thought, would also be part of the fun.

Again, nothing illegal about whipping yourself, stupid.

It's not even illegal slapping you senile psychopathic swine around the
place, every day, my senile punching bag! LOL

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 09:22:06 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Again, nothing illegal about whipping yourself, stupid.

nominally no, but you may be incarcerated
in a mental institution for it, ie imprisoned.

Nope

LOL Pathological senile auto-contradicting asshole!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 08:08:57 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH more of the usual stinking senile troll****

....and much better air in here again!

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 08:10:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Every time you call someone stupid it just
makes everyone think that you are stupid.

Yes, you actually are that stupid, stupid.

Nope, stupid, he was absolutely right, you stupid psychopathic cretin!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 08:16:25 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I've been holding back recently

Only 3 more weeks and you get to hang yourself.

You will more likely die of a heart-failure, sick senile cretin! And I sure
hope that I will have been instrumental to it, my favourite punching bag!
LOL

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 09:05:37 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

There are a few on Gumtree or Ebay.

Lots on facebook market place and those are usually
better because

Of COURSE, you senile pathological smartass! EVERYTHING is better that you
know or do, you psychopathic swine! tsk

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 09:56:52 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

You need to work on the quality of your posts Rod.

Nope, fools like you don¢t qualify for that.

reams of your **** any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed where it
belongs

Like he said, psychopath: "You need to work on the quality of your posts
Rod."

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message ...
On 06/03/2019 18:40, michael adams wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 06/03/2019 12:12, Jim K.. wrote:
[...]

[...]

What about monks who used to whip themselves because they were
unworthy ? The more unworthy they felt the more they would punish
themselves.

In that case the holy self would be whipping the sinful self. So that
the holy self would definitely enjoy whipping the sinful self as the
sinful self deserved it.

So the holy self was definitely a sadist. However the sinful
self can't have been a masochist as if they enjoyed it
then it wouldn't really be a punishment. Which means that the
holy self could have been doing it for all the wrong reasons.

So contrary to what I posted earlier, monks whipping themselves
really hard were either sadists or masochists; but not both.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message
On 06/03/2019 18:40, michael adams wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
whisky-dave Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:47:37 UTC, JimK wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
[...]

Different situation entirely to MASOCHISM, ****wit.

The more unworthy they felt the more they would punish themselves.

In that case the holy self would be whipping the sinful self. So that the
holy self would definitely enjoy whipping the sinful self as the sinful
self deserved it.

Still not MASOCHISM, ****wit.

So the holy self was definitely a sadist.

Wrong, as always.

However the sinful self can't have been a masochist

So irrelevant to what is being discussed, ****wit.

as if they enjoyed it then it wouldn't really be a punishment. Which means
that the holy self could have been doing it for all the wrong reasons.

Still not MASOCHISM, ****wit.

So contrary to what I posted earlier, monks whipping themselves really
hard were either sadists or masochists;

Wrong, as always.

but not both.