Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Does anyone have a Pillar Drill for sale?

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq"
wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 01:53:33 -0800 (PST), Jonathan Hill
wrote:

Hi All,

I'm a stringed musical instrument maker moving into a studio @ Deptford
Cockpit Arts.

I'm looking for a Pillar Drill, either floor standing or smaller table top
one, both are fine.

If anyone has one they are selling or knows of anyone please let me know!

Many thanks
Jonathan

There are a few on Gumtree or Ebay.

Lots on facebook market place and those are usually
better because with something that heavy its easier to find
a local one and just go and get it than to have it shipped.

I have a bought new 500W Aldi device that was cheap, I think around
£50-00.

It stalls a bit too easily though, but I may have the speed set too
high.

One of those desireable things that only gets used twice a year.

Yeah, some jobs are much better done with a pillar drill.

I would imagine preloved or Gumtree are the best to monitor. I was
going to upgrade, but after thinking of the duty cycle I thought
sticking to the cash were a better plan.