Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default USB PSUs with C14 inlet?

Has anyone seen any decent USB PSUs (2A ideally) with a IEC C14 style
inlet? (or even better a pass through)?

(basically for an application where I have a power feed to a commercial
display TV, that is presented only on normal C13 style mains lead. No
easy way of getting to the supply end, so I need a way of splitting the
power to feed the TV and also an additional USB PSU to run a Raspberry
Pi (the TV has no USB sockets of its own))

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

Has anyone seen any decent USB PSUs (2A ideally) with a IEC C14 style
inlet? (or even better a pass through)?

(basically for an application where I have a power feed to a commercial
display TV, that is presented only on normal C13 style mains lead. No
easy way of getting to the supply end, so I need a way of splitting the
power to feed the TV and also an additional USB PSU to run a Raspberry
Pi (the TV has no USB sockets of its own))

How about something like this (a Y splitter adapter)?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m... 253539352106

Cut one plug off, graft on a €śstandard€ť UK 13 amp socket and plug your USB
PSU into that?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 04:43, John Rumm wrote:

Has anyone seen any decent USB PSUs (2A ideally) with a IEC C14 style
inlet? (or even better a pass through)?

(basically for an application where I have a power feed to a commercial
display TV, that is presented only on normal C13 style mains lead. No
easy way of getting to the supply end, so I need a way of splitting the
power to feed the TV and also an additional USB PSU to run a Raspberry
Pi (the TV has no USB sockets of its own))

FWIW it seems to me that any such PSU is unlikely to be quick and easy
to replace if faulty (or check for faults by substitution), so there's a
utilitarian argument for taking the less elegant approach of an IEC C14
- 13A twin socket adapter, and then a bog standard PSU.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Power-cable...00A95SFQW?th=1

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 04:43, John Rumm wrote:

Has anyone seen any decent USB PSUs (2A ideally) with a IEC C14 style
inlet? (or even better a pass through)?

(basically for an application where I have a power feed to a commercial
display TV, that is presented only on normal C13 style mains lead. No
easy way of getting to the supply end, so I need a way of splitting the
power to feed the TV and also an additional USB PSU to run a Raspberry
Pi (the TV has no USB sockets of its own))

There are plenty of USB power supplies that have C8 figure of 8 inputs,
usually with multiple USB outlets.

On ebay you can buy C14 to C7 adapters. I also found a cable that had a
C14 on one end and three C13 on the other end. Would that not achieve
waht you want?

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 08:11, Tim+ wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Has anyone seen any decent USB PSUs (2A ideally) with a IEC C14 style
inlet? (or even better a pass through)?

(basically for an application where I have a power feed to a commercial
display TV, that is presented only on normal C13 style mains lead. No
easy way of getting to the supply end, so I need a way of splitting the
power to feed the TV and also an additional USB PSU to run a Raspberry
Pi (the TV has no USB sockets of its own))

How about something like this (a Y splitter adapter)?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m... 253539352106

Yup could be part of a solution... I also found this on RS:

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/iec-c...pters/2110682/

Cut one plug off, graft on a €śstandard€ť UK 13 amp socket and plug your USB
PSU into that?

Its a bit clunky and lumpy since this will have to be on display of the
rear of the TV. (The TVs are mounted on a ceiling pole in the window of
a shop front). A more "laptop" layout of USB supply might make it a bit
neater.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

Has anyone seen any decent USB PSUs (2A ideally) with a IEC C14 style
inlet?

I have an aukey one, like this

https://www.aukey.com/products/amp-46w-power-delivery-wall-charger-with-quick-charger-3-0-pa-y13

they do various models with type-a, quickcharge and/or type-c outlets

also have a poweradd that has about 6 outlets.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

John Rumm wrote:

Has anyone seen any decent USB PSUs (2A ideally) with a IEC C14 style
inlet?

I have an aukey one

actually mine have C8 rather than C14 inlets
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 04:43:59 +0000
John Rumm wrote:

Has anyone seen any decent USB PSUs (2A ideally) with a IEC C14 style
inlet? (or even better a pass through)?

(basically for an application where I have a power feed to a
commercial display TV, that is presented only on normal C13 style
mains lead. No easy way of getting to the supply end, so I need a way
of splitting the power to feed the TV and also an additional USB PSU
to run a Raspberry Pi (the TV has no USB sockets of its own))

Wouldn't it be neatest to fit a C14 socket to the side of a black
project box with a c13 lead and USB lead coming out the other side, and
a bare-board PSU inside?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 16:47, Andy Burns wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

John Rumm wrote:

Has anyone seen any decent USB PSUs (2A ideally) with a IEC C14 style
inlet?

I have an aukey one

That's quite small and neat by the looks of it.

actually mine have C8 rather than C14 inlets

C8 I can cope with if needs be. Just wanted to avoid having to go BS1362
/ Wall wart style PSUs

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 16:59, Rob Morley wrote:
On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 04:43:59 +0000
John Rumm wrote:

Has anyone seen any decent USB PSUs (2A ideally) with a IEC C14 style
inlet? (or even better a pass through)?

(basically for an application where I have a power feed to a
commercial display TV, that is presented only on normal C13 style
mains lead. No easy way of getting to the supply end, so I need a way
of splitting the power to feed the TV and also an additional USB PSU
to run a Raspberry Pi (the TV has no USB sockets of its own))

Wouldn't it be neatest to fit a C14 socket to the side of a black
project box with a c13 lead and USB lead coming out the other side, and
a bare-board PSU inside?

Yup, that's an option, although a tad less "off the shelf" than I would
like for this particular application.

--
Cheers,

John.