Old February 13th 19, 08:58 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default The London Trip

Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese New
Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

--
Adam

Old February 13th 19, 09:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW Wrote in message:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese New
Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

Can't beat a quality copper bottom...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old February 13th 19, 11:16 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

What crime did you commit for having to stay in the ******** of London?

Old February 13th 19, 11:44 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2019 20:58, ARW wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese New
Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

You went to London and didn't get stabbed? Lightweight.

Cheers
--
Clive
Old February 14th 19, 11:20 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 23:44:28 UTC, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 13/02/2019 20:58, ARW wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese New
Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

You went to London and didn't get stabbed? Lightweight.

He's a bit too old and the wrong colour ;-)

Old February 14th 19, 12:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
whisky-dave writes
On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 23:44:28 UTC, Clive Arthur wrote:

You went to London and didn't get stabbed? Lightweight.

He's a bit too old and the wrong colour ;-)

And doesn't peddle (or pedal?) drugs from a moped?
--
Graeme
Old February 15th 19, 07:07 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 13/02/2019 23:16, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese
New Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the
hotel.
Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

What crime did you commit for having to stay in the ******** of London?

It's nice to go there now and again and do something different instead
of going to Filey.

Plus you always have the pleasure, when you get back home, of realising
how nice it is not to live in London.

She now wants to go to Lincoln for the next weekend away.

--
Adam
Old February 15th 19, 08:13 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese
New Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the
hotel.
Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

What crime did you commit for having to stay in the ******** of London?

It's nice to go there now and again and do something different instead
of going to Filey.

Plus you always have the pleasure, when you get back home, of realising
how nice it is not to live in London.

She now wants to go to Lincoln for the next weekend away.

Well, if you are lucky and she wants to go shopping (or to the
cathedral), you can go he
http://www.zyra.org.uk/birkett.htm.

If you time it right, you can go to Newark Air Museum and get a cockpit
tour in the Vulcan they have there. And if you are very lucky, it will
be done by the pilot who flew it there 35 years ago.

--

Jeff
Old February 16th 19, 12:32 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
It's nice to go there now and again and do something different instead
of going to Filey.

Plus you always have the pleasure, when you get back home, of realising
how nice it is not to live in London.

Given you've likely seen about 0.0001% of it on your visit, well judged.

She now wants to go to Lincoln for the next weekend away.

How does she pick them?

--
*Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old February 16th 19, 08:15 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese
New Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the
hotel.
Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

What crime did you commit for having to stay in the ******** of London?

It's nice to go there now and again and do something different instead
of going to Filey.

Plus you always have the pleasure, when you get back home, of realising
how nice it is not to live in London.

She now wants to go to Lincoln for the next weekend away.

Lincoln would be a good place for a weekend, there's quite a lot to see
and some good places to eat and drink. I spent many years there but I
don't think they've put a plaque on my old house yet ;-)