Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Window lock advice needed

I have just moved into a new house and although the window handles are unlocked, there are other locks on the sides of the window frames.

See:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4QBizX4AEBMw_.jpg

I have ordered two keys but they don't fit as the locks and keys are both male. Is there a female key that I need to open these windows?

TIA.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 11:15:25 AM UTC, wrote:
I have just moved into a new house and although the window handles are unlocked, there are other locks on the sides of the window frames.

See:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4QBizX4AEBMw_.jpg

I have ordered two keys but they don't fit as the locks and keys are both male. Is there a female key that I need to open these windows?

TIA.

This arrived today!

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~ZYAA...zP/s-l1600.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I have just moved into a new house and although the window handles are
unlocked, there are other locks on the sides of the window frames.

See:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4QBizX4AEBMw_.jpg

I have ordered two keys but they don't fit as the locks and keys are both
male. Is there a female key that I need to open these windows?

TIA.

We've got those! I fitted them myself to satisfy insurers about 15
years ago. Unfortunately I've lost all but one of the keys and I
can't remember who made them, so I'm not enormously helpful.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I have just moved into a new house and although the window handles
are unlocked, there are other locks on the sides of the window
frames.

See:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4QBizX4AEBMw_.jpg

I have ordered two keys but they don't fit as the locks and keys are
both male. Is there a female key that I need to open these windows?

TIA.

This arrived today!

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~ZYAA...zP/s-l1600.jpg

Dunno.
But get that paint on the window cleaned up into a straight line and that
black stuff on the glass sorted out. It's a disgrace!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 11:30:31 AM UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
wrote:

I have just moved into a new house and although the window handles are
unlocked, there are other locks on the sides of the window frames.

See:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4QBizX4AEBMw_.jpg

I have ordered two keys but they don't fit as the locks and keys are both
male. Is there a female key that I need to open these windows?

TIA.

We've got those! I fitted them myself to satisfy insurers about 15
years ago. Unfortunately I've lost all but one of the keys and I
can't remember who made them, so I'm not enormously helpful.

I bought one of these on e-bay - works great!

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~ZYAA...zP/s-l1600.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I have just moved into a new house and although the window handles are
unlocked, there are other locks on the sides of the window frames.

See:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4QBizX4AEBMw_.jpg

I have ordered two keys but they don't fit as the locks and keys are both
male. Is there a female key that I need to open these windows?

TIA.

We've got those! I fitted them myself to satisfy insurers about 15
years ago. Unfortunately I've lost all but one of the keys and I
can't remember who made them, so I'm not enormously helpful.

I bought one of these on e-bay - works great!

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~ZYAA...zP/s-l1600.jpg

Glad you found it fairly easily.

--

Roger Hayter

window lock needed mcap UK diy 2 September 7th 07 06:24 PM
window lock needed mcap Home Ownership 2 September 5th 07 04:23 AM
window lock needed mcap Home Ownership 0 September 4th 07 09:08 PM
Awning window lock advice needed stainless Home Ownership 1 September 11th 06 02:40 PM
Advice needed for lock replacement orangetrader Home Repair 20 February 15th 05 12:38 AM