DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Window lock advice needed (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/630870-window-lock-advice-needed.html)

[email protected] February 8th 19 11:15 AM

Window lock advice needed

I have just moved into a new house and although the window handles are unlocked, there are other locks on the sides of the window frames.

See:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4QBizX4AEBMw_.jpg

I have ordered two keys but they don't fit as the locks and keys are both male. Is there a female key that I need to open these windows?

TIA.

[email protected] February 9th 19 10:51 AM

Window lock advice needed

On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 11:15:25 AM UTC, wrote:
I have just moved into a new house and although the window handles are unlocked, there are other locks on the sides of the window frames.

See:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4QBizX4AEBMw_.jpg

I have ordered two keys but they don't fit as the locks and keys are both male. Is there a female key that I need to open these windows?

TIA.

This arrived today!

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~ZYAA...zP/s-l1600.jpg

Roger Hayter[_2_] February 9th 19 11:30 AM

Window lock advice needed

wrote:

I have just moved into a new house and although the window handles are
unlocked, there are other locks on the sides of the window frames.

See:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4QBizX4AEBMw_.jpg

I have ordered two keys but they don't fit as the locks and keys are both
male. Is there a female key that I need to open these windows?

TIA.

We've got those! I fitted them myself to satisfy insurers about 15
years ago. Unfortunately I've lost all but one of the keys and I
can't remember who made them, so I'm not enormously helpful.

--

Roger Hayter

Mr Pounder Esquire February 9th 19 12:15 PM

Window lock advice needed

wrote:
I have just moved into a new house and although the window handles
are unlocked, there are other locks on the sides of the window
frames.

See:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4QBizX4AEBMw_.jpg

I have ordered two keys but they don't fit as the locks and keys are
both male. Is there a female key that I need to open these windows?

TIA.

This arrived today!

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~ZYAA...zP/s-l1600.jpg

Dunno.
But get that paint on the window cleaned up into a straight line and that
black stuff on the glass sorted out. It's a disgrace!

[email protected] February 9th 19 05:39 PM

Window lock advice needed

On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 11:30:31 AM UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
wrote:

I have just moved into a new house and although the window handles are
unlocked, there are other locks on the sides of the window frames.

See:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4QBizX4AEBMw_.jpg

I have ordered two keys but they don't fit as the locks and keys are both
male. Is there a female key that I need to open these windows?

TIA.

We've got those! I fitted them myself to satisfy insurers about 15
years ago. Unfortunately I've lost all but one of the keys and I
can't remember who made them, so I'm not enormously helpful.

I bought one of these on e-bay - works great!

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~ZYAA...zP/s-l1600.jpg

Roger Hayter[_2_] February 9th 19 10:40 PM

Window lock advice needed

wrote:

I have just moved into a new house and although the window handles are
unlocked, there are other locks on the sides of the window frames.

See:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy4QBizX4AEBMw_.jpg

I have ordered two keys but they don't fit as the locks and keys are both
male. Is there a female key that I need to open these windows?

TIA.

We've got those! I fitted them myself to satisfy insurers about 15
years ago. Unfortunately I've lost all but one of the keys and I
can't remember who made them, so I'm not enormously helpful.

I bought one of these on e-bay - works great!

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~ZYAA...zP/s-l1600.jpg

Glad you found it fairly easily.

--

Roger Hayter