Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Any opinions on Rayburn or Alpha range cookers/boilers?

On Thursday, January 2, 2003 at 2:50:01 PM UTC, Richard wrote:
We're looking to have fitted in our new kitchen either a Rayburn or an
Alpha oil-fired cooker/hot water/central heating boiler.

Clearly Rayburn is the famous make but the largest they do seems to be
for upto 21 radiators and that is the exact number in our house which
makes me concerned about buying something upto it's maximum on day-one
(especially since we may extend in the future).

I understand that Alpha make a very similar model but allegedly has
the benefit of bigger ovens, bigger hot plate and independently
controllable oven/water/heating.

Does anyone own an Alpha and could give me an opinion? I have searched
the group and it's seems varied reports some time ago.

Any input or suggestions would be greatfully received.

Many thanks, in advance.

Richard.

Very difficult to find anyone to service Alpha s very expensive too last service £1500 2 years ago and now needs another service.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Thursday, January 2, 2003 at 2:50:01 PM UTC, Richard wrote:
We're looking to have fitted in our new kitchen either a Rayburn or an
Alpha oil-fired cooker/hot water/central heating boiler.

Does anyone own an Alpha and could give me an opinion? I have searched
the group and it's seems varied reports some time ago.

Any input or suggestions would be greatfully received.

Many thanks, in advance.

Richard.

Very difficult to find anyone to service Alpha s very expensive too last
service £1500 2 years ago and now needs another service.

A quick gander around the web shows that you run a photography business,
I hope your ability to read the settings on your camera is better than than
your ability to read the date of the question to which you were replying.
It was asked 16 years ago.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 25/01/2019 11:32, Marland wrote:
wrote:

Very difficult to find anyone to service Alpha s very expensive too last
service £1500 2 years ago and now needs another service.

A quick gander around the web shows that you run a photography business,
I hope your ability to read the settings on your camera is better than than
your ability to read the date of the question to which you were replying.
It was asked 16 years ago.

If it had cost me £1500 for a cooker service, I'd be cross, too. I'm not
surprised she's taking every opportunity to mention it.

Any opinions on Rayburn or Alpha range cookers/boilers? [email protected] UK diy 3 February 11th 15 09:36 AM
Electrical requirement for Gas only Range cookers Tracy UK diy 7 February 4th 07 01:04 PM
Alpha Boilers Any Good? RedOnRed UK diy 8 June 1st 06 11:13 PM
Alpha CD50 opinions reqd Jeff UK diy 2 June 9th 05 01:48 PM
Baumatic cookers; any good? Neal Jones UK diy 9 May 12th 04 06:36 PM