Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

Default Alpha Boilers Any Good?

Alpha boilers any good?

Some one is asking at Money Saving Expert DIY section...
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=205332

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

"Steve" wrote in message

"RedOnRed" wrote in message
Alpha boilers any good?

Some one is asking at Money Saving Expert DIY section...
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=205332

I really can't be bothered to go through registering on the forum just to
answer this one question. I can't be doing with sites that require me to
register!!! Point the guy to this newsgroup for his answer.

Fair comment.

His main comments are...

Energy Smart - http://www.energy-smart.org.uk/boilers_prices.asp - do a
discounted range of boilers. I quite like the look of the Alpha CD24C
condensing boiler to replace our old broken Ariston EuroCombi boiler.

Does anyone have any experience with the Alpha CD24C? Is it worth the extra
money? Is it a good, reliable and easy to fit boiler? Will replacing the
EuroCombi with an Alpha be a simple task?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve

"RedOnRed" wrote in message
Alpha boilers any good?

Some one is asking at Money Saving Expert DIY section...
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=205332

I really can't be bothered to go through registering on the forum just to
answer this one question. I can't be doing with sites that require me to
register!!! Point the guy to this newsgroup for his answer.

Rant over )

We had an Alpha CD32C and the 7-day wireless Easystat installed about 6
months ago so I obviously can't attest to it's longevity yet but they are
certainly an excellent boiler. Very quiet in operation, very efficient, and
they come with a 3-year warranty.

The CORGI guy who installed it was also saying that Alpha want the
installers to go back to the installation just before the warranty period
ends and give it a thorough service and a good inspection so as to minimize
the chances of something failing "just out of warranty" - if anything is
found to be suspect, it'll be replaced under the warranty before it expires.

I know it's only six months down the line but we're well pleased with it -
thoroughly recommended.

Steve.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve

"RedOnRed" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message

"RedOnRed" wrote in message
Alpha boilers any good?

Some one is asking at Money Saving Expert DIY section...
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=205332

I really can't be bothered to go through registering on the forum just to
answer this one question. I can't be doing with sites that require me to
register!!! Point the guy to this newsgroup for his answer.

Fair comment.

His main comments are...

Energy Smart - http://www.energy-smart.org.uk/boilers_prices.asp - do a
discounted range of boilers. I quite like the look of the Alpha CD24C
condensing boiler to replace our old broken Ariston EuroCombi boiler.

Does anyone have any experience with the Alpha CD24C? Is it worth the
extra money? Is it a good, reliable and easy to fit boiler? Will replacing
the EuroCombi with an Alpha be a simple task?

Well done Red )

Unfortunately, I can't really answer his question other than very generally
but as I said, I can thoroughly recommend Alpha boilers in general and yes,
it was fairly easy to fit.

Steve.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Trigger

"RedOnRed" wrote in message
Alpha boilers any good?

Some one is asking at Money Saving Expert DIY section...
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=205332

We have had an Alpha 32C combination boiler with rads, with wireless stat
installed in April 2005 and it has dome us well. The plumber, installing
the same, swears by them.

24C rates 47 on the SEDBUK gas boiler efficiency Table 90.7% Band A.

Alpha helplines are good, if you can get through, and they call you back the
same day if the person cannot answer your query. Email query took a few
days, which is why I short ciruited the system and phoned.

The stat has a minimum and max temperature setting which comfused me at
first. The max operates in the time zone. The minimum comes into play
outside of the time on setting to maintain the heat retained in the fabric
of the building. I thought both max and min operated in the time period but
not so.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fentoozler

"RedOnRed" wrote in message
Alpha boilers any good?

Some one is asking at Money Saving Expert DIY section...
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=205332

Wouldn't touch 'em with a barge pole - but that judgement comes from working
on old Alpha Ocean boilers.

Angus

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Dawson

"Fentoozler" nospam@mapson wrote in message
"RedOnRed" wrote in message
Alpha boilers any good?

Some one is asking at Money Saving Expert DIY section...
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=205332

Wouldn't touch 'em with a barge pole - but that judgement comes from
working on old Alpha Ocean boilers.

Angus

Ditto Ocean are crap, but the diaphragm was easy to change, just as well
really as they need doing every two years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Steve" wrote in message

"RedOnRed" wrote in message
[...]

Alpha have got their act together producing a number of good boilers with
long guarantees. If they are telling engineers to look for problems and fix
them without a customer complaint then that is a very good sign indeed.
Another company that produced some dogs was Ariston (EuroCombi), who now
make some nice well specced boilers and also long guarantees too.