Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default windows 10 strange behaviour

Left my computer switched on when I went to watch a bit of TV. About an
hour later I heard sounds coming from my office and went to investigate.
The computer was playing the last utube video I had been watching. I
powered the computer down and went to bed.
When I switched the computer on this morning the damned thing started
playing the same video again and at this point I had not logged on!
anyone got any idea as to what's going on?

Iain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Iain" wrote in message
Left my computer switched on when I went to watch a bit of TV. About an
hour later I heard sounds coming from my office and went to investigate.
The computer was playing the last utube video I had been watching. I
powered the computer down and went to bed.
When I switched the computer on this morning the damned thing started
playing the same video again and at this point I had not logged on!
anyone got any idea as to what's going on?

Nothing strange about it. its how youtube works.

Shut the browser window, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Iain" wrote in message
Left my computer switched on when I went to watch a bit of TV. About an
hour later I heard sounds coming from my office and went to investigate.
The computer was playing the last utube video I had been watching. I
powered the computer down and went to bed.
When I switched the computer on this morning the damned thing started
playing the same video again and at this point I had not logged on!
anyone got any idea as to what's going on?

Iain

It's digital......digital things don't work....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Iain" wrote in message ...
Left my computer switched on when I went to watch a bit of TV. About an hour later I
heard sounds coming from my office and went to investigate. The computer was playing
the last utube video I had been watching. I powered the computer down and went to bed.

Although you might select only the one Youtube clip to play, without you
being aware of it, it may be part of a selection of say ten or twenty clips
posted together as a group, which will play automatically and repeat until
you select another clip or close Youtube.
This often happens with clips, links to which are posted on here or on
websites etc Presumbly the clip you were playing was much louder
than the intermediate clips which you didn't hear.

When I switched the computer on this morning the damned thing started playing the same
video again and at this point I had not logged on!
anyone got any idea as to what's going on?

When you put the machine in standbye i.e power it down and then wake it
up again its not normally necessary* to log on and off, although you may
be given that choice. In this case presumbly you didn't log off whereas
normally you do.

michael adams

May be *OS dependant

,..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Iain" wrote in message
Left my computer switched on when I went to watch a bit of TV. About an
hour later I heard sounds coming from my office and went to investigate.
The computer was playing the last utube video I had been watching. I
powered the computer down and went to bed.
When I switched the computer on this morning the damned thing started
playing the same video again and at this point I had not logged on!
anyone got any idea as to what's going on?

It's digital......digital things don't work....

Must be why the internet doesn’t ever work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/01/2019 16:59:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well it should not. Nobody should set it that way but I guess you could have
some kind of corrupted files. Best do a restore to before it started and see
what that does.
Brian

Its by design. When you sleep the PC the browser is dormant. When it
comes alive it simply (re)loads the old webpage.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Well it should not.

Yes its should, its how youtube works.

Nobody should set it that way but I guess you could have some kind of
corrupted files.

Nope.

Best do a restore to before it started and see what that does.

It'll do nothing.

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 24/01/2019 08:58, Iain wrote:
Left my computer switched on when I went to watch a bit of TV. About an
hour later I heard sounds coming from my office and went to investigate.
The computer was playing the last utube video I had been watching. I
powered the computer down and went to bed.
When I switched the computer on this morning the damned thing started
playing the same video again and at this point I had not logged on!
anyone got any idea as to what's going on?

Iain

Mine does that.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 24 January 2019 08:59:01 UTC, Iain wrote:
Left my computer switched on when I went to watch a bit of TV. About an
hour later I heard sounds coming from my office and went to investigate.
The computer was playing the last utube video I had been watching. I
powered the computer down and went to bed.
When I switched the computer on this morning the damned thing started
playing the same video again and at this point I had not logged on!
anyone got any idea as to what's going on?

Iain

I suspect that whilst you felt that you had powered it down, it had actually gone to sleep. I keep finding people who think they restart their computers every night, or at least regularly, yet the last reboot date is weeks or months ago.

In Power Options you will likely find that using power button is set to send it to sleep. This applies both to the physical power button AND the on-screen power-off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/01/2019 22:32, polygonum_on_google wrote:

I suspect that whilst you felt that you had powered it down, it had actually gone to sleep. I keep finding people who think they restart their computers every night, or at least regularly, yet the last reboot date is weeks or months ago.

In Power Options you will likely find that using power button is set to send it to sleep. This applies both to the physical power button AND the on-screen power-off.

Not in this case. The PC was powered down. I usually, out of habit, let
it go to sleep overnight and only power down when nesessary. A habit
from when chips were in sockets and frequent power cycling tended to
make the chips walk out of the sockets.

Iain