Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default John Rumm - VCR 470F

Hi John,

I have managed to sort it all out at last :-)

I have numerous times powered the whole system down (including the
boiler) whilst working on it and trying to sort it out and the boiler
would reboot every time.

The only thing I have never touched since the boiler was installed, is
the boilers code protected installer settings'. Late yesterday evening
I thought why not - so I set it to do a factory restore of the settings
and a reboot. After which both CH & HW behaved perfectly, apart from a
bit of cycling on just producing HW, because the boiler was producing
too much heat Kw for the cylinder - adjustable for Kw on d.77

It has done two more HW calls today and both worked perfectly. Thank
you very much indeed for your help on this..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/01/2019 18:51, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Hi John,

I have managed to sort it all out at last :-)

I have numerous times powered the whole system down (including the
boiler) whilst working on it and trying to sort it out and the boiler
would reboot every time.

The only thing I have never touched since the boiler was installed, is
the boilers code protected installer settings'. Late yesterday evening I
thought why not - so I set it to do a factory restore of the settings
and a reboot. After which both CH & HW behaved perfectly, apart from a
bit of cycling on just producing HW, because the boiler was producing
too much heat Kw for the cylinder - adjustable for Kw on d.77

It has done two more HW calls today and both worked perfectly. Thank you
very much indeed for your help on this..

Ah, result. Well done!

Must admit I had not thought of looking at the boiler settings
separately like that, and had always configured everything from the 470.

(ISTR I changed the default code from 17 to 00 to make it easier and
quicker to get into the settings though!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm explained :
Ah, result. Well done!

Must admit I had not thought of looking at the boiler settings separately
like that, and had always configured everything from the 470.

(ISTR I changed the default code from 17 to 00 to make it easier and quicker
to get into the settings though!)

The 470's code is 000, so good idea - worth changing the boiler to the
same code.

Now it is sorted, apart from some fine tuning, I have been looking at
diagnostic interfaces to plug in, so I can plot what the heating is
doing. Vaillant used to sell such a piece of kit hardware + software
for around £80, but that is now no longer available, but you can still
download Vaillant's software from their German site.

There are lots of other DIY and ready to use interfaces, but all seem
ridiculously complex for what ought to be such a simple task as tapping
into the ebus. I wonder if you have come across simple ebus to PC
interface?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/01/2019 16:59, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

I have seen a few designs about... If all you want to do is "listen"
then something fairly basic ought to do it. (in fact a modern scope will
probably do it without any special hardware)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield writes:

[...]

Does this count as too complex:
https://www.esera.de/produkte/ebus/1...e-hub-platine?

I was thinking of getting one, but its out of stock.
--
Jón Fairbairn

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jon Fairbairn Wrote in message:
Harry Bloomfield writes:

[...]

You might have to buy one & test it for him...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jon Fairbairn brought next idea :
I was thinking of getting one, but its out of stock.

--

I have already bookmarked those, but if buying one of those, its maybe
worth paying the extra to have the data fed direct to the LAN. There
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm presented the following explanation :
I have seen a few designs about... If all you want to do is "listen" then
something fairly basic ought to do it. (in fact a modern scope will probably
do it without any special hardware)

I'm sure a scope would, but then you have to store and manually
translate.

System is still working well BTW,
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/01/2019 22:36, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
John Rumm presented the following explanation :
I have seen a few designs about... If all you want to do is "listen"
then something fairly basic ought to do it. (in fact a modern scope
will probably do it without any special hardware)

I'm sure a scope would, but then you have to store and manually translate.

One with serial data decoding will likely be able to store, and output a
data stream to a file... Not bad for "after the fact" interpretation of
the data, but not ideal for feeding a real time decode system.

System is still working well BTW,

Did you need to tune the response curve settings as yet?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/01/2019 22:36, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
John Rumm presented the following explanation :
I have seen a few designs about... If all you want to do is "listen"
then something fairly basic ought to do it. (in fact a modern scope
will probably do it without any special hardware)

I'm sure a scope would, but then you have to store and manually translate.

System is still working well BTW,

Did you see:

https://github.com/john30/ebusd/wiki...erry-Pi-Serial

--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm - VRC 470F Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 10 June 9th 19 12:14 AM
John Rumm - VRC 470F more. Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 1 January 22nd 19 07:05 PM
Well done John Rumm Bodgit UK diy 17 February 25th 11 12:32 PM
Calling John Rumm re earlier reply to plumbing question ... Arfa Daily UK diy 4 March 11th 09 07:28 PM
Ping John Rumm Dave UK diy 12 November 26th 07 08:30 PM