Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default John Rumm - VRC 470F more.

John Rumm brought next idea :
On 22/01/2019 10:23, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
John Rumm laid this down on his screen :
Short answer, dunno...

It could just be that the 470 is old enough, that is the highest model of
wiring centre it recognises. Depends on whether that list is a raw display
of what the kit is telling it, or whether its got a bit of "sanity"
filtering in there first...

Thanks, is your controller actually a VR61?

Yup.

So your system is correctly reporting the Control Unit..

I have once again emailed Vaillant, telling them my latest findings and
invited them to suggest a way forward.

Today I tried running it with no call for CH, time allowing HW and a
70C call for HW.

[This] Valve moved to HW, boiler showed a call for HW, boiler did its
quick purge before igniting, then showed its anti-cycling symbol, then
valve may move the CH and just looped around from (this).

Turn the desired room temperature up and it left the valve in the HW
position and the boiler fired up and diverted some heat into the
cylinder. Because it though it was heating the CH, the boiler's output
temperature was too low to add much heat.

I have tried 2x actuators, then a Sunvic 2701 (spring return) by
manually turning the actual water valve to the positions indicated by
the 2701 - to avoid having to swap the incompatible water valve. All
produced the same HW problem.

My conclusion had got to be that the VR65 was faulty straight out of
the box.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/01/2019 15:22, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

With your setup, it seems to be implicated on both the control side and
on the demand sensing, since both the valve and the NTC/Stat are
connected to it. (on my VR61, the valve is controlled by the VR61, but
the NTC is connected directly to the boiler)

--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm - VRC 470F Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 10 June 9th 19 12:14 AM
John Rumm on boilers Bill Wright[_2_] UK diy 18 December 12th 13 08:26 PM
Well done John Rumm Bodgit UK diy 17 February 25th 11 12:32 PM
Calling John Rumm re earlier reply to plumbing question ... Arfa Daily UK diy 4 March 11th 09 07:28 PM
Ping John Rumm Dave UK diy 12 November 26th 07 08:30 PM