Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping John Rumm

A while ago, I said that I would post about a simple way to grind a
twist drill. Unfortunately I have had a period of ill health and a
reinstall of windoze. Hence I have lost the address of the site where
you said I could up load my rantings on the subject.

Can you let me know what the site was please?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-11-25 17:16:59 +0000, Dave said:

A while ago, I said that I would post about a simple way to grind a
twist drill. Unfortunately I have had a period of ill health and a
reinstall of windoze.

Were they related at all? ;-)

Aren't they both :-(

Glad to hear you're better....

Thanks.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

In message , Dave
writes

A while ago, I said that I would post about a simple way to grind a
twist drill. Unfortunately I have had a period of ill health and a
reinstall of windoze. Hence I have lost the address of the site where
you said I could up load my rantings on the subject.

Can you let me know what the site was please?

google groups ?

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....read/feb464bb7
e815126/9975aa61872f3803?lnk=st&q=uk.d-i-y+sharpening+twist+drills#9975aa
61872f3803

I'm in danger of losing my numpty google status here ...

Sorry, the link wrapped, as I got it and it will not copy and paste into
my browser. Perhaps it is because I have such a new system running. I
just don't know.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

In message , Dave
writes

geoff wrote:

In message , Dave
writes

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.d-i-y/browse_thread/thread/feb464bb7

e815126/9975aa61872f3803?lnk=st&q=uk.d-i-y+sharpening+twist+drills#9975aa

61872f3803
I'm in danger of losing my numpty google status here ...

Sorry, the link wrapped, as I got it and it will not copy and paste
into my browser. Perhaps it is because I have such a new system
running. I just don't know.

So just type "google groups" into google

type something like "uk.d-i-y grind a twist drill" into the google
groups search bar

... find the link

Didn't work

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-11-25 17:16:59 +0000, Dave said:

A while ago, I said that I would post about a simple way to grind a
twist drill. Unfortunately I have had a period of ill health and a
reinstall of windoze.

Were they related at all? ;-) Glad to hear you're better....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Dave
writes
geoff wrote:

In message , Dave
writes

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Dave
writes
geoff wrote:

In message , Dave
writes

geoff wrote:

In message , Dave
writes

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....d/thread/feb46

e815126/9975aa61872f3803?lnk=st&q=uk.d-i-y+sharpening+twist+drills#99

61872f3803
I'm in danger of losing my numpty google status here ...

Sorry, the link wrapped, as I got it and it will not copy and paste
into my browser. Perhaps it is because I have such a new system
running. I just don't know.

So just type "google groups" into google
type something like "uk.d-i-y grind a twist drill" into the google
groups search bar
... find the link

Then try "uk.d-i-y+sharpening+twist+drills"

as in the link I posted

or something like that

works for me ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , geoff
writes

Then try "uk.d-i-y+sharpening+twist+drills"

as in the link I posted

or something like that

works for me ...

For Geoff:

http://tinyurl.com/ is good for those pesky wrapping links, easy to
remember if you're on the move and doesn't refuse to work if the
recipient has auto-redirect turned off, just paste the long link into
the open box. It also has the preview option which lets the recipient
see the long link before continuing to the destination site.

For Dave:

Here's Geoff's original link, it did reconstruct after a careful cut,
paste & edit: http://preview.tinyurl.com/38qdxj
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:

A while ago, I said that I would post about a simple way to grind a
twist drill. Unfortunately I have had a period of ill health and a

Glad to hear you are better....

reinstall of windoze. Hence I have lost the address of the site where

Shame about windows....

you said I could up load my rantings on the subject.

Can you let me know what the site was please?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Main_Page

Just type a suitable title for your article into the search box. Say
"Drill sharpening", and click GO. It will probably tell you there is no
page with that name, and give you a link "create this page". Click on
that and away you go.

It makes life a little easier if you create an account first (that way
we can see who edited what by name rather than IP address), but it is
not essential for most articles (some of the heavily spammed ones are
limited to editing by account holders only).

If you want to have a go at adding layout and titles etc then feel free.
It is pretty straightforward, you can get a feel for how it works by
calling up an existing article, say:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Drill_Bits

Then hitting edit to see its source. (Just close the page rather than
saving it once you are done looking).

Use the "upload file" link on the left of the page if you want to add
pictures to your article.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
Dave wrote:

[...]

Many thanks for that John. And many thanks for others for trying to get
my numpty brain around this problem.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:

Many thanks for that John. And many thanks for others for trying to get
my numpty brain around this problem.

Looking forward to a new article... let rip!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , fred writes
In article , geoff
writes

Then try "uk.d-i-y+sharpening+twist+drills"

as in the link I posted

or something like that

works for me ...

For Geoff:

http://tinyurl.com/ is good for those pesky wrapping links,

yes, I know, I was just being lazy

If you add the following code to a button on the Firefox button bar:

javascript:void(location.href='http://tinyurl.com/create.php?url='+location.href)

It will automatically create a tinyurl link for any page you are on,
just by clicking the button.

--
Cheers,

John.

Fly by night PING PING Shopdog Woodworking 6 May 18th 06 04:08 AM
PT - Ping John S + Some Wingers Cliff Metalworking 1 July 27th 05 02:04 AM
PING John Henry: The question of baptism Tom Watson Woodworking 1 July 12th 05 03:07 AM
PING: John Moorhead J T Woodworking 5 February 9th 05 04:02 PM
Ping John Willis. MUADIB® Home Repair 1 January 5th 05 03:30 AM