Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Ping John Rumm

John Rumm wrote:
Dave wrote:

A while ago, I said that I would post about a simple way to grind a
twist drill. Unfortunately I have had a period of ill health and a

Glad to hear you are better....

reinstall of windoze. Hence I have lost the address of the site where

Shame about windows....

you said I could up load my rantings on the subject.

Can you let me know what the site was please?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Main_Page

Just type a suitable title for your article into the search box. Say
"Drill sharpening", and click GO. It will probably tell you there is no
page with that name, and give you a link "create this page". Click on
that and away you go.

It makes life a little easier if you create an account first (that way
we can see who edited what by name rather than IP address), but it is
not essential for most articles (some of the heavily spammed ones are
limited to editing by account holders only).

If you want to have a go at adding layout and titles etc then feel free.
It is pretty straightforward, you can get a feel for how it works by
calling up an existing article, say:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Drill_Bits

Then hitting edit to see its source. (Just close the page rather than
saving it once you are done looking).

Use the "upload file" link on the left of the page if you want to add
pictures to your article.

Many thanks for that John. And many thanks for others for trying to get
my numpty brain around this problem.

Dave