Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default John Rumm - VCR 470F

On 23/01/2019 18:51, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Hi John,

I have managed to sort it all out at last :-)

I have numerous times powered the whole system down (including the
boiler) whilst working on it and trying to sort it out and the boiler
would reboot every time.

The only thing I have never touched since the boiler was installed, is
the boilers code protected installer settings'. Late yesterday evening I
thought why not - so I set it to do a factory restore of the settings
and a reboot. After which both CH & HW behaved perfectly, apart from a
bit of cycling on just producing HW, because the boiler was producing
too much heat Kw for the cylinder - adjustable for Kw on d.77

It has done two more HW calls today and both worked perfectly. Thank you
very much indeed for your help on this..

Ah, result. Well done!

Must admit I had not thought of looking at the boiler settings
separately like that, and had always configured everything from the 470.

(ISTR I changed the default code from 17 to 00 to make it easier and
quicker to get into the settings though!)

--
Cheers,

John.