Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Computer Bluetooth question

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 20:01:51 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Scott wrote:

I now *wonder* if the Fitbit could have automatically updated via my
iPad then the same data appear on my PC because both are looking at
the same Fitbit website ???

Sounds possible, but I've never dealt with any fitbits

This has not gone according to plan!

I bought a Bluetooth adapter which seems okay. It is recognised by
Windows and the 'turn on Bluetooth' message has gone. However, it now
says 'Looking for Fitbit'.

The Fitbit itself is definitely okay as it pairs with my iPad. There
is a suggestion that it can only pair with one device and I would need
to unpair if from the iPad if I want to pair it with my PC. Is this
likely?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scott wrote:

I bought a Bluetooth adapter which seems okay. It is recognised by
Windows and the 'turn on Bluetooth' message has gone. However, it now
says 'Looking for Fitbit'.

Does the device within windows give any hint as to whether it does have
BLE (bluetooth low energy) support?

The Fitbit itself is definitely okay as it pairs with my iPad. There
is a suggestion that it can only pair with one device

bluetooth devices in general can pair with multiple devices, some can
only have an active connection to a single device at one time, not sure
if fitbits follow that general rule, what if you turn the iThing off?

and I would need
to unpair if from the iPad if I want to pair it with my PC. Is this
likely?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 16:10:05 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Scott wrote:

I bought a Bluetooth adapter which seems okay. It is recognised by
Windows and the 'turn on Bluetooth' message has gone. However, it now
says 'Looking for Fitbit'.

Does the device within windows give any hint as to whether it does have
BLE (bluetooth low energy) support?

The Fitbit itself is definitely okay as it pairs with my iPad. There
is a suggestion that it can only pair with one device

bluetooth devices in general can pair with multiple devices, some can
only have an active connection to a single device at one time, not sure
if fitbits follow that general rule, what if you turn the iThing off?

Now resolved I think by changing the Bluetooth setting to make the PC
discoverable. I also updated driver.