Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Slow cistern fill

Hi,
All of a sudden the cistern on my concealed push button toilet started filling very slowly. I had a look and it seems this happens quite a lot due to a blocked filter so I disconnected the inlet and emptied the cistern. Due to the position I was unable to get the plastic knit off the bottom so gave up and reconnected it. When I turned the water back on it filled up like normal but once I flushe it went back to a trickle. I disconnected it again and the same thing happened so I presume there isnt a blockage but now I have even less of an idea whats wrong! Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

No I dont think so have been pushing it down and lifting it up and makes no difference
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I was just thinking the same. Maybe there is some kind of foreign body
moving about in the pipework somewhere.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"GB" wrote in message
On 08/01/2019 19:25,
wrote:
No I don't think so have been pushing it down and lifting it up and makes
no difference

Can you explain what you meant by 'disconnected the inlet'?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I turned the screw in the water supply to stop the water and then unscrewed it from the plastic screw where it enters the cistern at the bottom. Does that make sense?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes I think the bit you turn with a screwdriver is a valve to stop the water flow so you can then unscrew the supply from the cistern to try to get to the filter. But I was unable to unscrew the filter but when I reconnected and let water through again it was fine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Small piece of grit or solder loose in the waterway and under flow conditions it ends up in the valve orifice?

What mostly makes a small engine "wheeze" fast & slow, fast & slow, fast & slow? ultred ragnusen Home Repair 32 February 26th 18 07:29 PM
Slow, slow, slow charlieb Woodturning 5 October 14th 09 04:43 PM
Cistern does not fill up - until cistern lid removed Moo UK diy 8 October 13th 07 07:30 PM
New cistern slow to fill Jon Telfer UK diy 5 February 27th 07 07:23 PM
Very slow WC cistern fill Kevin Green UK diy 2 January 24th 06 03:07 PM