Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. May's cunning plan becomes apparent.

In article ,
whisky-dave writes
On Monday, 17 December 2018 17:09:12 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

Apparently they can be more likely to fine you anyway now
but I wouldnt know because ours do checks on the electoral
roll by leaving a card in your letterbox that you have to return
to say that you are still there. If you dont they drop you from
the electoral roll so you never get a demand to know why
you didnt vote.

That's a weird way of doing it.

There has to be some way to check if the electoral roll is up to date.

So if you're not on the E roll you don't have to vote.
We have a simialr way of doing it, but they use council tax records of
who's living at the property.
I get a letter each year that I have to respond to and as I'm paying
the council tax I get to fill the form in. I tell them how many peole
ate living at the address and iof they are yuoung or old enough to
vote. I sign and return it or do it on line.
Giving false information is an offence of which yuo cna be prosecuted for.

And what has the electoral commission done about those who broke the law
and registered twice at home and at university and voted twice?
Snip
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 18 December 2018 20:46:59 UTC, bert wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave writes
On Monday, 17 December 2018 17:09:12 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

I get a letter each year that I have to respond to and as I'm paying
the council tax I get to fill the form in. I tell them how many peole
ate living at the address and iof they are yuoung or old enough to
vote. I sign and return it or do it on line.
Giving false information is an offence of which yuo cna be prosecuted for.

And what has the electoral commission done about those who broke the law
and registered twice at home and at university and voted twice?

I've no idea how this happens or whether it does or not.

Snip
--
bert