Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default one of my newly installed radiators make a very loud noise, if the adjustment is on higher than the number three, it is very alarming as the noise is so loud my next door neighbours can hear it.

Help please

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1328398-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/11/2018 00:44, POPPY wrote:
Help please

It helps a lot if you put your question in the body of message rather
than putting it all in what should be the short (a few words) header
description. Others reading your request using other software are likely
just to see just the one word "help".

one of my newly installed radiators make a very loud noise, if the
adjustment is on higher than the number three, it is very alarming as
the noise is so loud my next door neighbours can hear it.

Is the noise coming from the radiator or the boiler?

Possibly an airlock in the pipes leading to the radiator. Shut off all
radiators except the one that is causing the problem. This should allow
the pump to push more water to this branch of the central heating and
hopefully push the air out of the pipe and into the radiator which you
should then bleed.

On a newly installed system you may still have air in any part the
system. Have you bleed all of the radiators again since the installation?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/11/2018 00:44, POPPY wrote:
Help please

let the gerbils out of it by opening the little square tap at the top

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 21 November 2018 00:44:05 UTC, POPPY wrote:

one of my newly installed radiators make a very loud noise, if the adjustment is on higher than the number three, it is very alarming as the noise is so loud my next door neighbours can hear it.

Help please

maybe flow is the wrong way through a trv. Maybe there's water hammer. Keep it to 3
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/11/2018 07:44, Tim+ wrote:
POPPY m Wrote
in message:
Help please-- for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1328398-.htm

You probably won't ever read this (or reply) but you've probably
got a directional thermostatic radiator valve fitted to the
wrong end of the radiator.

Tim

And even if she did, changing it is beyond her anyway...

--
Theres a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"POPPY" m wrote in
message ...
Help please

balancing required...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/11/2018 00:44, POPPY wrote:
Help please

with an email address of
I think i'll give it
a miss
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Or even the pump.
When I first read this I though, quick enter it into Britain's Got Talent,
it will be much better than most of the acts!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"alan_m" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/11/2018 09:01, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 21/11/2018 00:44, POPPY wrote:
Help please

with an email address of
I think i'll give it
a miss

All HoH posts get those - they don't forward the user's actual address.

--
Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd -
http://www.internode.co.uk |
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/11/2018 11:52, John Rumm wrote:
On 21/11/2018 09:01, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 21/11/2018 00:44, POPPY wrote:
Help please

with an email address of
I think i'll give
it a miss

All HoH posts get those - they don't forward the user's actual address.

Thanks for the headsup