Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Name for cream coated mdf part for kitchen.

Hi, above the microwave there is a piece of mdf that has been cut to size. The cream coating has given up due to the heat rising from the microwave. There is a radius to match the other doors on the other units.
It is from a cream Adel Ikea kitchen.
What is the part called so I can google for it?
picture https://goo.gl/aKBWJZ
thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 31/10/2018 19:54, misterroy wrote:
Hi, above the microwave there is a piece of mdf that has been cut to size. The cream coating has given up due to the heat rising from the microwave. There is a radius to match the other doors on the other units.
It is from a cream Adel Ikea kitchen.
What is the part called so I can google for it?
picture https://goo.gl/aKBWJZ
thanks

Try infill panel or filler panel?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

And either resite the Microwave, though I find Kettles cause more issues, or
coat it with something less glued on?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"GB" wrote in message
news
On 31/10/2018 19:54, misterroy wrote:
Hi, above the microwave there is a piece of mdf that has been cut to
size. The cream coating has given up due to the heat rising from the
microwave. There is a radius to match the other doors on the other units.
It is from a cream Adel Ikea kitchen.
What is the part called so I can google for it?
picture
https://goo.gl/aKBWJZ
thanks

Try infill panel or filler panel?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

misterroy wrote:

What is the part called so I can google for it?
picture https://goo.gl/aKBWJZ

I don't know about Ikea, they probably call it a Fjnärk, but for a B&Q
double oven housing, they call it a filler panel

https://www.diy.com/departments/cooke-lewis-carisbrooke-ivory-oven-housing-filler-panel-w-600mm/279474_BQ.prd
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 31/10/2018 20:37, Andy Burns wrote:
misterroy wrote:

What is the part called so I can google for it?
picture https://goo.gl/aKBWJZ

I don't know about Ikea, they probably call it a Fjnärk, but for a B&Q
double oven housing, they call it a filler panel

That's a classy reply, with the accent over the a.

https://www.diy.com/departments/cooke-lewis-carisbrooke-ivory-oven-housing-filler-panel-w-600mm/279474_BQ.prd

Posted to uk.d-i-y

misterroy wrote:

What is the part called so I can google for it?
picture https://goo.gl/aKBWJZ

I don't know about Ikea, they probably call it a Fjnärk, but for a B&Q
double oven housing, they call it a filler panel

That's a classy reply, with the accent over the a.

füçk œff.

https://www.diy.com/departments/cooke-lewis-carisbrooke-ivory-oven-housing-filler-panel-w-600mm/279474_BQ.prd

--
€œThe fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that
the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

misterroy wrote:

What is the part called so I can google for it?
picture https://goo.gl/aKBWJZ

I don't know about Ikea, they probably call it a Fjnärk, but for a B&Q
double oven housing, they call it a filler panel

That's a classy reply, with the accent over the a.

https://www.diy.com/departments/cooke-lewis-carisbrooke-ivory-oven-housing-filler-panel-w-600mm/279474_BQ.prd

Ummelaut you pleb...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

misterroy wrote:

What is the part called so I can google for it?
picture https://goo.gl/aKBWJZ

I don't know about Ikea, they probably call it a Fjnärk, but for a B&Q
double oven housing, they call it a filler panel

That's a classy reply, with the accent over the a.

https://www.diy.com/departments/cooke-lewis-carisbrooke-ivory-oven-housing-filler-panel-w-600mm/279474_BQ.prd

Ummelaut you pleb...

strictly it's not in Swedish.

And even in German etc it's "umnlaut".

Skitt's Law lives!

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

misterroy wrote:

What is the part called so I can google for it?
picture https://goo.gl/aKBWJZ

I don't know about Ikea, they probably call it a Fjnärk, but for a B&Q
double oven housing, they call it a filler panel

That's a classy reply, with the accent over the a.

https://www.diy.com/departments/cooke-lewis-carisbrooke-ivory-oven-housing-filler-panel-w-600mm/279474_BQ.prd

Ummelaut you pleb...

strictly it's not in Swedish.

And even in German etc it's "umnlaut".

No, it's "UMLAUT".

Skitt's Law lives!

Indeed!

"Saki"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/10/18 19:54, misterroy wrote:
Hi, above the microwave there is a piece of mdf that has been cut to size. The cream coating has given up due to the heat rising from the microwave. There is a radius to match the other doors on the other units.
It is from a cream Adel Ikea kitchen.
What is the part called so I can google for it?
picture https://goo.gl/aKBWJZ
thanks

The part is called whatever the supplier wants to call it. Some would
refer to it as 'pelmet'.

TW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"misterroy" wrote in message
Hi, above the microwave there is a piece of mdf that has been cut to size.
The cream coating has given up due to the heat rising from the microwave.
There is a radius to match the other doors on the other units.
It is from a cream Adel Ikea kitchen.
What is the part called so I can google for it?
picture https://goo.gl/aKBWJZ

Dunno about your microwave, but mine have
hot air coming out of the top of the microwave
and I wouldnt have that thing anywhere near
that close to the top of the microwave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 12:53:05 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Dunno about your microwave, but mine have
hot air coming out of the top of the microwave
and I wouldn¢t have that thing anywhere near
that close to the top of the microwave.

That's not what he was asking for, you abnormal senile Ozzietard!

--
Java Jive to senile Rot:
You're getting there, it's clear that you've now reached the level of
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 31 October 2018 19:54:03 UTC, misterroy wrote:
Hi, above the microwave there is a piece of mdf that has been cut to size. The cream coating has given up due to the heat rising from the microwave. There is a radius to match the other doors on the other units.
It is from a cream Adel Ikea kitchen.
What is the part called so I can google for it?
picture https://goo.gl/aKBWJZ
thanks

if you can't get one to match it's only mdf & paint.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

if you can't get one to match it's only mdf & paint.

Probably vinyl-wrapped MDF, but paint'll do ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

If you use car paint sprays, with aa well rubbed down primner coat or
series of coats, you can get a really good finish on MDF.

Last time I had some MDF to paint, I considered a sprayer, but they
looked too expensive for the job, this time I've bought the cheapest
HVLP on the 'net, which apparently does an excellent job.

https://www.futuradirect.co.uk/collections/airless-sprayers/products/paint-sprayer-700w-diy-electric-spray-gun-with-3-spray-patterns

Ignore the "airless" in the URL, it's not one of those, I've only
practised with water so far, it is noisy as hell.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/2018 07:56, Andy Burns wrote:

Ignore the "airless" in the URL, it's not one of those, I've only
practised with water so far, it is noisy as hell.

https://youtu.be/T9MAmWnOznI?t=190

Drawer Bottoms 1/8" Hardboard + 1/8" Acrylic Coated MDF? DerbyDad03 Woodworking 20 January 12th 15 08:57 PM
Melamine Coated MDF? Rod UK diy 2 April 16th 08 09:16 PM
Duff Plastic Coated Kitchen and En-suite Doors TheScullster UK diy 4 January 21st 08 04:24 PM
vinyl coated vs. pvc coated aluminum PaulP Home Repair 0 October 7th 06 08:07 AM
8541 MDF Targets - MDF Under Extreme Use Tom Watson Woodworking 4 September 3rd 05 02:32 PM