Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Melamine Coated MDF?

The other day I acquired[1] a piece of thin material - 150mm wide,
approx. 6 feet long and around 3mm thick. On one side (and to some
extent on uncut edges) it has a good quality finish, possibly melamine.
The interior has a whitish cast compared with ordinary MDF.

Can anyone tell me what it is called and/or where to find it for sale?

I have found that the white faced thin sheets in the sheds tend to be
based of "fluffy" hardboard on which a clean cut is difficult to
achieve. This cuts very sweetly.

[1] Acquired - sometimes equals found in a skip near a small building
site as someone was walking by.
--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:14:53 +0100 Rod wrote :
The other day I acquired[1] a piece of thin material - 150mm wide,
approx. 6 feet long and around 3mm thick. On one side (and to some
extent on uncut edges) it has a good quality finish, possibly melamine.
The interior has a whitish cast compared with ordinary MDF.

Can anyone tell me what it is called and/or where to find it for sale?

A piece of kitchen unit plinth?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Tony Bryer wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:14:53 +0100 Rod wrote :
The other day I acquired[1] a piece of thin material - 150mm wide,
approx. 6 feet long and around 3mm thick. On one side (and to some
extent on uncut edges) it has a good quality finish, possibly melamine.
The interior has a whitish cast compared with ordinary MDF.

Can anyone tell me what it is called and/or where to find it for sale?

A piece of kitchen unit plinth?

Have looked around - virtually all the plinth material I have seen is
around 15mm thick. So - is the unusual plinth? Or something else?

--
Rod

onset.

vinyl coated vs. pvc coated aluminum PaulP Home Repair 0 October 7th 06 08:07 AM
ceramic coated screws sm_jamieson UK diy 10 September 28th 06 06:52 AM
Plastic Coated Mesh Ed Walsh Woodworking 4 July 26th 06 12:02 AM
metal coated plastic RJ Metalworking 3 February 22nd 06 10:14 PM
Does painting melamine contradict the reason for using melamine? Rich UK diy 1 July 10th 03 03:32 PM