Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Plastic Coated Mesh

I am looking to make some baskets for gardeners used to carry fruit,
vegetables, etc as they collect it. The ends are going to be Cyprus but I
am looking to make the basket body out of a plastic coated wire mesh
material. The idea being they could wash it all out with a hose. Anybody
know of a resource where I can get such an item in small quantities. Each
piece would have overall dimension of 21" x 32" approx. I searched and
could only find manufacturers selling large quantity.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Google lobster trap wire.....the small manufacturers of traps will be more
than willing to sell you a small quantity. The stuff is really durable.
Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Walsh" wrote in message
I am looking to make some baskets for gardeners used to carry fruit,
vegetables, etc as they collect it. The ends are going to be Cyprus but I
am looking to make the basket body out of a plastic coated wire mesh
material. The idea being they could wash it all out with a hose. Anybody
know of a resource where I can get such an item in small quantities. Each
piece would have overall dimension of 21" x 32" approx. I searched and
could only find manufacturers selling large quantity.

Thanks.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but Poly/Poulty Netting might
be of interest. It is basically chicken wire that is coated in PVC:
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...=11-12001412-2

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Walsh wrote:
I am looking to make some baskets for gardeners used to carry fruit,
vegetables, etc as they collect it. The ends are going to be Cyprus but I
am looking to make the basket body out of a plastic coated wire mesh
material. The idea being they could wash it all out with a hose. Anybody
know of a resource where I can get such an item in small quantities. Each
piece would have overall dimension of 21" x 32" approx. I searched and
could only find manufacturers selling large quantity.

Thanks.

Most good hardware stores have vinyl coated hardware cloth. I think I
have seen it at Home Depot. I know our ACE has it. I got some several
years ago to make bait traps. They had 1/4" and 1/2" in rolls.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Ed Walsh
wrote:

I am looking to make some baskets for gardeners used to carry fruit,
vegetables, etc as they collect it. The ends are going to be Cyprus but I
am looking to make the basket body out of a plastic coated wire mesh
material. The idea being they could wash it all out with a hose. Anybody
know of a resource where I can get such an item in small quantities. Each
piece would have overall dimension of 21" x 32" approx. I searched and
could only find manufacturers selling large quantity.

Thanks.

You may also want to look at "pet proof" door screening. After 6 years
of our cat climbing it, it still keeps the bugs out. I *may* have to
replce it next year.

The only downside might be the small mesh side... that may make it
harder to hose out.

But it would be great for berry pickers!