Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The anti-democracy protest march

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 19:20:53 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

On 22/10/18 18:14, T i m wrote:

Of course and the point for many (probably the majority).

The fanatic Brexiteers simply can see the wood for the trees. They are
so focused on going for what *they* (personally) want, they completely
shut out the facts that are creating all the delays and issues and
that is that many many people don't want Brexit, and certainly not
under_these_current_terms.

I didn't want the Maastricht Treaty or the Lisbon Treaty.

And?

But no one bothered asking directly or indirectly via a manifesto item
and a GE.

So you got a group of like minded people together and protested yes?

Using "PeoplesVote" logic, perhaps we should have another (well a first)
referendum on both of those and overturn them.

See how you continue to confabulate your personal views and ideal on
everyone with your use of 'we'.

Given 2/3rds of the electorate did vote for us to leave the EU, I'm
happy to assume they didn't actually care about any of the points
enough (and *they* will have also considered the positives) to vote to
leave the EU over it?

But you won, why are you still here?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 22/10/18 18:14, T i m wrote:

[...]

acartoon in today's Guardian has a brillian ideal - the brexiteers vote to
leave Britain.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
acartoon in today's Guardian has a brillian ideal - the brexiteers vote
to leave Britain.

Perhaps there is somewhere that globalization hasn't yet reached. Not sure
it would be a great place to live, though.

--
*I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:20:25 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
charles wrote:
acartoon in today's Guardian has a brillian ideal - the brexiteers vote
to leave Britain.

Perhaps there is somewhere that globalization hasn't yet reached. Not sure
it would be a great place to live, though.

Meh, pack em in the No2 Ark and let them set up planet 'Little
England' off-world. ;-)

How many people would give their right arm to be just suffering the
fanatic Brexiteers 3rd World problems. rolls eyes

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:20:25 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
charles wrote:
acartoon in today's Guardian has a brillian ideal - the brexiteers
vote to leave Britain.

Perhaps there is somewhere that globalization hasn't yet reached. Not
sure it would be a great place to live, though.

Meh, pack em in the No2 Ark and let them set up planet 'Little
England' off-world. ;-)

Most Brexiteers are too old or impractical or just downright stupid to set
up a new little England anywhere. ;-) But are very good at telling others
just how to do it. 'Let's all pull together to get the job done' In other
words, sit back and watch those who can do try and sort out the mess.

How many people would give their right arm to be just suffering the
fanatic Brexiteers 3rd World problems. rolls eyes

True.

--
*TEAMWORK...means never having to take all the blame yourself *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , T i m
writes
Given 2/3rds of the electorate did vote for us to leave the EU

(Sic)
So why are you still here?
--
bert