Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The anti-democracy protest march

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 19:18:36 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

On 22/10/18 17:25, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 16:10:06 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 22/10/2018 16:00, T i m wrote:
Same old

Yup, I'm still waiting to hear one tangible and potentially
non-Kamikaze reason from you as to why leaving the EU *will* be a good
idea for 'most people' (IDGAF about you (or your kind) personally of
course).

I'll not be holding my breath.

Cheers, T i m

It will be less bad than remaining in.

Proof?

The EU Commission is an unelected
quango and yet they have the power to propose legislation, not the MEPs.

And? What *actual* legislation have they or are they likely to bring
in that would affect you and that would be accepted?

Whilst the MEPs vote on legislation, there is a lot of power in being
able to control the bills that are put before the MEPs.

Yes, and? (See above question).

It sucks.

To you and only less than (as I'm sure many who voted Leave didn't
vote on those reasons) 1/3rd of the electorate.

I do not know how anyone could think it remotely democratic.

Do you think it's actually (not just this left brained 'it only takes
one vote bs') democratic to ask a binary question of an analogue
subject and then forcing it though when it's obvious to everone it's
not the 'will of the people'?

As a *POLL*, asking if we want to leave the EU or not was fine, but
not as a real way of determining the will of the people (without the
supermajority Farrige demanded for Remain to win)?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 22/10/2018 16:00, T i m wrote:
Same old

Yup, I'm still waiting to hear one tangible and potentially
non-Kamikaze reason from you as to why leaving the EU *will* be a good
idea for 'most people' (IDGAF about you (or your kind) personally of
course).

I'll not be holding my breath.

Cheers, T i m

It will be less bad than remaining in.

Proof?

Proof that it won't?

The EU Commission is an unelected
quango and yet they have the power to propose legislation, not the MEPs.

And? What *actual* legislation have they or are they likely to bring
in that would affect you and that would be accepted?

Article 13.

Article 11.

Whilst the MEPs vote on legislation, there is a lot of power in being
able to control the bills that are put before the MEPs.

Yes, and? (See above question).

See above answers.

It sucks.

To you and only less than (as I'm sure many who voted Leave didn't
vote on those reasons) 1/3rd of the electorate.

Still having trouble with Basic Inequality Algebra?

I do not know how anyone could think it remotely democratic.

Do you think it's actually (not just this left brained 'it only takes
one vote bs') democratic to ask a binary question of an analogue
subject and then forcing it though when it's obvious to everone it's
not the 'will of the people'?

Got a better way?

As a *POLL*, asking if we want to leave the EU or not was fine, but
not as a real way of determining the will of the people (without the
supermajority Farrige demanded for Remain to win)?

It was a *referendum* which the government said it would honour in it's
£9million leaflet.

It was also a poll based on a simple majority.

You really like arguing against the basic facts don't you...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1741609 20181024 100421 T i m wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 19:18:36 +0100, Tim Watts

The EU Commission is an unelected
quango and yet they have the power to propose legislation, not the MEPs.

The EU is the elected leaders of 28 European democracies.
How is that not democratic?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
in 1741609 20181024 100421 T i m wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 19:18:36 +0100, Tim Watts

The EU Commission is an unelected quango and yet they

\ have the power to propose legislation, not the MEPs.

The EU is the elected leaders of 28 European democracies.

Like hell it is with the commission.

How is that not democratic?

Because they arent elected by anyone.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/18 07:26, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1741609 20181024 100421 T i m wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 19:18:36 +0100, Tim Watts

The EU Commission is an unelected
quango and yet they have the power to propose legislation, not the MEPs.

The EU is the elected leaders of 28 European democracies.
How is that not democratic?

About as elected as a life peer!!!

If the EU Commissioners were directly elected (akin to US Senators) I'd
have slightly more time.

But they are de-facto appointed as far as the ordinary person is concerned.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 25/10/18 07:26, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1741609 20181024 100421 T i m wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 19:18:36 +0100, Tim Watts

The EU Commission is an unelected
quango and yet they have the power to propose legislation, not the
MEPs.

The EU is the elected leaders of 28 European democracies.
How is that not democratic?

About as elected as a life peer!!!

If the EU Commissioners were directly elected (akin to US Senators) I'd
have slightly more time.

But they are de-facto appointed as far as the ordinary person is
concerned.

Wot abart the extraordinary persons like me ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 19:43:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

\ have the power to propose legislation, not the MEPs.

The EU is the elected leaders of 28 European democracies.

Like hell it is with the commission.

It definitely is with the European council (indirectly) and the European
parliament (directly)!

How is that not democratic?

Because they arent elected by anyone.

He talked about the "EU", not the commission, you despicable senile little
****!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

YOU are just a despicable senile little ****, Rot!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2018 07:26, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1741609 20181024 100421 T i m wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 19:18:36 +0100, Tim Watts

The EU Commission is an unelected
quango and yet they have the power to propose legislation, not the MEPs.

The EU is the elected leaders of 28 European democracies.
How is that not democratic?

Because it's not true?

The European Commission (EC) is an institution of the European Union,
responsible for proposing legislation, implementing decisions, upholding
the EU treaties and managing the day-to-day business of the EU.[2]
Commissioners swear an oath at the European Court of Justice in
Luxembourg City, pledging to respect the treaties and to be completely
independent in carrying out their duties during their mandate.[3] Unlike
in the European Council, where members are indirectly elected, and the
European Parliament, where members are directly elected, the
*Commissioners are unelected.*

The Commission operates as a cabinet government, with 28 members of the
Commission (informally known as "commissioners").[4] There is one member
per member state, but members are bound by their oath of office to
represent the general interest of the EU as a whole rather than their
home state.[3] One of the 28 is the Commission President (currently
Jean-Claude Juncker) proposed by the European Council[5] and elected by
the European Parliament.[6] The Council of the European Union then
nominates the other 27 members of the Commission in agreement with the
nominated President, and the 28 members as a single body are then
subject to a vote of approval by the European Parliament.[7] The current
Commission is the Juncker Commission, which took office in late 2014,
following the European Parliament elections in May of the same year.

The term Commission is variously used, either in the narrow sense of the
28-member College of Commissioners (or College) or to also include the
administrative body of about 32,000 European civil servants who are
split into departments called directorates-general and services.[8][9]
The procedural languages of the Commission are English, French and
German.[10] The Members of the Commission and their "cabinets"
(immediate teams) are based in the Berlaymont building in Brussels.

"Saki"