Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Demise of the chest freezer?

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 02:30:13 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 20:46:08 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 19:34:47 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote

I just took my expired chest freezer (as in double the size of a
washing
machine) to the dump, and was accused of it being commercial.

Buy some fool.

Agreed.

Do people not use these things anymore?

They certainly do here. More common than
the vertical freezer only freezers. Stupidly
IMO, the vertical ones with drawers work
much better, particularly the frost free ones.

I'd actually prefer vertical ones, but I'd need more than one as they
don't store as much as the chest freezers.

Mine does.
https://www.fisherpaykel.com/au/kitc...0.E388RW1.html

All the way from New Zealand? :-)

We have a free trade area with them.

For some reason everyone here has combined fridge freezers,

They are also the most common here, tho
plenty do also have a standalone freezer
as well as the combined fridge freezers.

which means each half is too small.

But you are free to buy a pigeon pair if you believe that.

Until you showed me yours (oo er!) I didn't know you got full height freezers. The full height fridges are common here (they're called "American style" because Americans eat so much), but I've never seen a freezer like that.

And they're more susceptible to colder ambient temperatures as they tend
to have only one compressor and one thermostat,

But hardly anyone has their combined fridge freezer in the garage etc.

So their kitchen is a constant precise temperature is it? Guessing at the freezer compartment's temperature is farcical.

so stupidly the freezer can be too warm when the fridge is correct.

Wrong.

Why?

What irritated me is he thought it was commercial. Everything in
supermarkets etc has a glass top.

Yeah, he's just a fool. There's a reason he 'works' at the dump.

Indeed. I had an argument with another one, who was trying to tell me that the speedbumps installed on the approach road to the dump were for safety. I told him that the half of the hedge I'd brought in my trailer that had escaped while negotiating the bumps was scattered randomly about and he'd have to go fetch it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

wrote:

[...]

Like I said, you need to get out more.

And they're more susceptible to colder ambient temperatures as they tend
to have only one compressor and one thermostat,

But hardly anyone has their combined fridge freezer in the garage etc.

So their kitchen is a constant precise temperature is it?

Nope, just doesn't swing around as much as the garage.

Guessing at the freezer compartment's temperature is farcical.

No guessing involved.

so stupidly the freezer can be too warm when the fridge is correct.

Wrong.

Why?

They don't do that.

What irritated me is he thought it was commercial. Everything in
supermarkets etc has a glass top.

Yeah, he's just a fool. There's a reason he 'works' at the dump.

Indeed. I had an argument with another one, who was trying to tell me
that the speedbumps installed on the approach road to the dump were for
safety. I told him that the half of the hedge I'd brought in my trailer
that had escaped while negotiating the bumps was scattered randomly about
and he'd have to go fetch it.

Because you were actually stupid enough to charge over it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I've seen enough kitchens to know they're rare/non-existant here.

And they're more susceptible to colder ambient temperatures as they tend
to have only one compressor and one thermostat,

But hardly anyone has their combined fridge freezer in the garage etc.

So their kitchen is a constant precise temperature is it?

Nope, just doesn't swing around as much as the garage.

It could still vary from say 15C to 25C. So the freezer could change by 10C also.

Guessing at the freezer compartment's temperature is farcical.

No guessing involved.

It must be since there is no thermostat or seperate compressor for it.

What irritated me is he thought it was commercial. Everything in
supermarkets etc has a glass top.

Yeah, he's just a fool. There's a reason he 'works' at the dump.

Indeed. I had an argument with another one, who was trying to tell me
that the speedbumps installed on the approach road to the dump were for
safety. I told him that the half of the hedge I'd brought in my trailer
that had escaped while negotiating the bumps was scattered randomly about
and he'd have to go fetch it.

Because you were actually stupid enough to charge over it.

It would have taken three times as long to go slowly. I tend to go about double the speed limit over bumps.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

wrote:

[...]

Only slum dwellers/povs/chavs are silly enough to let you into their
kitchens.

And they're more susceptible to colder ambient temperatures as they
tend to have only one compressor and one thermostat,

But hardly anyone has their combined fridge freezer in the garage etc.

So their kitchen is a constant precise temperature is it?

Nope, just doesn't swing around as much as the garage.

It could still vary from say 15C to 25C. So the freezer could change by
10C also.

No it doesn't and we know that from the tests that Which? etc do.

Guessing at the freezer compartment's temperature is farcical.

No guessing involved.

It must be since there is no thermostat

Wrong, as always.

or seperate compressor for it.

Don't need that. And trivial to log the temp and see
that it doesn't do what you pig ignorantly claim.

What irritated me is he thought it was commercial. Everything in
supermarkets etc has a glass top.

Yeah, he's just a fool. There's a reason he 'works' at the dump.

Indeed. I had an argument with another one, who was trying to tell me
that the speedbumps installed on the approach road to the dump were for
safety. I told him that the half of the hedge I'd brought in my trailer
that had escaped while negotiating the bumps was scattered randomly
about and he'd have to go fetch it.

Because you were actually stupid enough to charge over it.

It would have taken three times as long to go slowly.

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

I tend to go about double the speed limit over bumps.

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 10:24:20 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH 100 lines of sick troll drivel unread

--
Latest (still ongoing) retarded conversation between out two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rot Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Rot Speed: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Rot Speed: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rot Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rot Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."