Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Demise of the chest freezer?

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 15:13:16 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

On 22/10/2018 21:25, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 21:12:17 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 22/10/2018 20:14, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

No, Peltier is very inefficient.

There must be a better substance then?

Not necessarily. Many imperfect things in life are as good as it gets.

Everybody thinks that until a new invention occurs.

But until the new thing has been invented it won't be available will it?
So what you've got is as good as you're going to get, now.

Unless people are sensible enough to work on improving it. Or do we have to wait for the Japanese to do it for us?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

wrote:

On 22/10/2018 20:14, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

No, Peltier is very inefficient.

There must be a better substance then?

Not necessarily. Many imperfect things in life are as good as it gets.

Everybody thinks that until a new invention occurs.

But until the new thing has been invented it won't be available will it?
So what you've got is as good as you're going to get, now.

Unless people are sensible enough to work on improving it.

No one improved thermocouples and that wasn't for the want of trying.

Or do we have to wait for the Japanese to do it for us?

They didn't with thermocouples, or computers either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 22/10/2018 20:14, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

No, Peltier is very inefficient.

There must be a better substance then?

Not necessarily. Many imperfect things in life are as good as it gets.

Everybody thinks that until a new invention occurs.

But until the new thing has been invented it won't be available will it?
So what you've got is as good as you're going to get, now.

Unless people are sensible enough to work on improving it.

No one improved thermocouples and that wasn't for the want of trying.

Or do we have to wait for the Japanese to do it for us?

They didn't with thermocouples, or computers either.

Samsung is British is it?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 08:40:24 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Unless people are sensible enough to work on improving it.

No one improved thermocouples and that wasn't for the want of trying.

Or do we have to wait for the Japanese to do it for us?

They didn't with thermocouples, or computers either.

BRUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Time for BOTH of you to take your pills!
LOL

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

wrote:

On 22/10/2018 20:14, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

No, Peltier is very inefficient.

There must be a better substance then?

Not necessarily. Many imperfect things in life are as good as it
gets.

Everybody thinks that until a new invention occurs.

But until the new thing has been invented it won't be available will
it?
So what you've got is as good as you're going to get, now.

Unless people are sensible enough to work on improving it.

No one improved thermocouples and that wasn't for the want of trying.

Or do we have to wait for the Japanese to do it for us?

They didn't with thermocouples, or computers either.

Samsung is British is it?

Sure aint Japanese, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 09:33:20 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Samsung is British is it?

Sure aint Japanese, stupid.

Surely BOTH of you are abysmally stupid! LOL

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/2018 21:12, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Everybody thinks that until a new invention occurs.

But until the new thing has been invented it won't be available will it?
So what you've got is as good as you're going to get, now.

Unless people are sensible enough to work on improving it.* Or do we
have to wait for the Japanese to do it for us?

But as I said, until it's invented it isn't available.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 06:01:29 +0100, Bill Wright, another mentally deficient,
notorious, troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

But until the new thing has been invented it won't be available will it?
So what you've got is as good as you're going to get, now.

Unless people are sensible enough to work on improving it.* Or do we
have to wait for the Japanese to do it for us?

But as I said, until it's invented it isn't available.

Bill

As I said, you are arguing with a congenital idiot and you will SOON sound
as idiotic as him! Happened on these groups, time and again! Such is the
"power" of his congenital idiocy! BG
Posted to uk.d-i-y

FLUSH another 219 lines of stinking troll ****

....and much better air in here again!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2018 00:38, Gym Sulkinson Fork wrote:
So far.Â* Until we get batteries that last longer or charge faster.

The hole pointy of te post was to point out that we CANNOT get batteries
that 'last longer'

We are near the theoretical limit already, Pork Sword III..

you will have to change your nym every time you post now

*plonk*

Just
look at the AA rechargeable battery to see how it's improved from NiCad
to NiMH to LiIon.

Oh dear.

Look at how well the steam engine has improved from Stephensons 'rocket'

I wonder why we don't use them on our railways?

--
"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

Gospel of St. Mathew 15:14

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2018 01:06, Roger Hayter wrote:
Gym Sulkinson Fork wrote:

So far. Until we get batteries that last longer or charge faster. Just
look at the AA rechargeable battery to see how it's improved from NiCad to
NiMH to LiIon.

I don't know for a fact that some nuclear technology is not possible,
but that is only because I share your total ignorance on that particular
subject.

I hope you dont share his total ignorance on every subject...

Of course nuclear theory says that there's enough energy in a gram of
Pu239 to power a car for life.

The problem is getting it out cheaply, safely, and at low weight.

But the idea of a car that never needs refuelling is attractive....

Josef Stalin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 01:06:52 +0100, Roger Hayter, the brain damaged,
notorious troll-feeding idiot, driveled:

So far. Until we get batteries that last longer or charge faster. Just
look at the AA rechargeable battery to see how it's improved from NiCad to
NiMH to LiIon.

I don't know for a fact that some nuclear technology is not possible,
but that is only because I share your total ignorance on that particular
subject.

I predict: SOON you will sound as idiotic as the troll you are having a
"conversation" with! It's obviously an inexorable law! Such is the "power"
of his idiocy! Happened to everyone yet who kept sucking him off! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 12:14:32 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH 247 lines!!! of the usual sick troll **** unread

....and much better air in here again!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.sci.physics

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 04:59:29 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 25/10/2018 00:38, Gym Sulkinson Fork wrote:
So far. Until we get batteries that last longer or charge faster.

The hole pointy of te post was to point out that we CANNOT get batteries
that 'last longer'

We are near the theoretical limit already, Pork Sword III..

People probably said that when we were still using Cadmium.

you will have to change your nym every time you post now

Done.

*plonk*

Oh do grow up.

Just
look at the AA rechargeable battery to see how it's improved from NiCad
to NiMH to LiIon.

Oh dear.

Look at how well the steam engine has improved from Stephensons 'rocket'

I wonder why we don't use them on our railways?

We use the internal combustion engine, a better system. It's called progress. Do get your head out of the sand....