Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Demise of the chest freezer?

On 23/10/2018 15:14, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/10/2018 01:27, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Yeah, the size of a truck.Â* Nothing like what we have today.Â* So,
looking at the Peltier, that should improve in the same way.

Why should progress in one technology ensure progress in another. Very
poor logic you're using there.

Bill

No logic whatsoever actually

What else from 'our Jim'?

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 15:46:25 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 23/10/2018 15:14, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/10/2018 01:27, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Yeah, the size of a truck. Nothing like what we have today. So,
looking at the Peltier, that should improve in the same way.

Why should progress in one technology ensure progress in another. Very
poor logic you're using there.

Bill

No logic whatsoever actually

What else from 'our Jim'?

At least I can accept the future will change. So stupid are people like you who say "this can't happen", then 10 years later everyone's doing it. I bet you believed Popular Mechanics when they said computers might one day weigh less than 1.5 tons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
wrote:

On 23/10/2018 15:14, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/10/2018 01:27, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Yeah, the size of a truck. Nothing like what we have today. So,
looking at the Peltier, that should improve in the same way.

Why should progress in one technology ensure progress in another. Very
poor logic you're using there.

Bill

No logic whatsoever actually

What else from 'our Jim'?

At least I can accept the future will change.

Some technologys don't. Thermocouples havent.

So stupid are people like you who say "this can't happen", then 10 years
later everyone's doing it.

Didn't happen with thermocouples.

I bet you believed Popular Mechanics when they said computers might one
day weigh less than 1.5 tons.

Irrelevant to what actually happened with thermocouples.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/10/2018 15:14, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/10/2018 01:27, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Yeah, the size of a truck. Nothing like what we have today. So,
looking at the Peltier, that should improve in the same way.

Why should progress in one technology ensure progress in another. Very
poor logic you're using there.

Bill

No logic whatsoever actually

What else from 'our Jim'?

At least I can accept the future will change.

Some technologys don't. Thermocouples havent.

So stupid are people like you who say "this can't happen", then 10 years
later everyone's doing it.

Didn't happen with thermocouples.

I bet you believed Popular Mechanics when they said computers might one
day weigh less than 1.5 tons.

Irrelevant to what actually happened with thermocouples.

That's the 10th time you've mentioned those.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 08:39:08 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

At least I can accept the future will change.

Some technologys don't. Thermocouples havent.

Idiots like the two of you NEVER change! That much is sure! LOL

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

wrote:

On 23/10/2018 15:14, Bill Wright wrote:
On 23/10/2018 01:27, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Yeah, the size of a truck. Nothing like what we have today. So,
looking at the Peltier, that should improve in the same way.

Why should progress in one technology ensure progress in another. Very
poor logic you're using there.

Bill

No logic whatsoever actually

What else from 'our Jim'?

At least I can accept the future will change.

Some technologys don't. Thermocouples havent.

So stupid are people like you who say "this can't happen", then 10 years
later everyone's doing it.

Didn't happen with thermocouples.

I bet you believed Popular Mechanics when they said computers might one
day weigh less than 1.5 tons.

Irrelevant to what actually happened with thermocouples.

That's the 10th time you've mentioned those.

Because that's what Peltiers are, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 09:34:03 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I bet you believed Popular Mechanics when they said computers might one
day weigh less than 1.5 tons.

Irrelevant to what actually happened with thermocouples.

That's the 10th time you've mentioned those.

Because that's what Peltiers are, stupid.

Nope, that's because BOTH of you are pathologically stupid! LOL

--
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp addressing Rot Speed:
"You really are a clueless pillock."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/2018 21:12, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I bet you believed Popular Mechanics when they said computers might
one day weigh less than 1.5 tons.

Yes I did.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 05:59:40 +0100, Bill Wright, another mentally deficient,
notorious, troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

I bet you believed Popular Mechanics when they said computers might
one day weigh less than 1.5 tons.

Yes I did.

Bill

Wanna bet that you, too, will SOON start sounding as idiotic as the troll
you keep feeding? I can see it already happening! Don't you underestimate
the power and effect of its stupidity! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peeler wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 05:59:40 +0100, Bill Wright, another mentally deficient,
notorious, troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

I bet you believed Popular Mechanics when they said computers might
one day weigh less than 1.5 tons.

Yes I did.

Bill

Wanna bet that you, too, will SOON start sounding as idiotic as the troll
you keep feeding? I can see it already happening! Don't you underestimate
the power and effect of its stupidity! LOL

He need only look at what he has done to you. An awful warning of what
can happen to the pathologically obsessed.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 10:52:47 +0100, Roger Hayter wrote:

Yes I did.

Bill

Wanna bet that you, too, will SOON start sounding as idiotic as the troll
you keep feeding? I can see it already happening! Don't you underestimate
the power and effect of its stupidity! LOL

He need only look at what he has done to you. An awful warning of what
can happen to the pathologically obsessed.

You seniles aren't in a position to judge things properly ...THAT has become
very evident in these groups!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peeler" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 10:52:47 +0100, Roger Hayter wrote:

Yes I did.

Bill

Wanna bet that you, too, will SOON start sounding as idiotic as the
troll
you keep feeding? I can see it already happening! Don't you
underestimate
the power and effect of its stupidity! LOL

He need only look at what he has done to you. An awful warning of what
can happen to the pathologically obsessed.

You seniles aren't in a position to judge things properly ...THAT has
become
very evident in these groups!

just what is your problem ? ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:28:21 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

You seniles aren't in a position to judge things properly ...THAT has
become
very evident in these groups!

just what is your problem ? ....

....the senile idiot even has to ask! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peeler" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:28:21 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

You seniles aren't in a position to judge things properly ...THAT has
become
very evident in these groups!

just what is your problem ? ....

...the senile idiot even has to ask! LOL

have you got a mental problem? ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Peeler" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 10:52:47 +0100, Roger Hayter wrote:

Yes I did.

Bill

Wanna bet that you, too, will SOON start sounding as idiotic as the
troll
you keep feeding? I can see it already happening! Don't you
underestimate
the power and effect of its stupidity! LOL

He need only look at what he has done to you. An awful warning of what
can happen to the pathologically obsessed.

You seniles aren't in a position to judge things properly ...
THAT has become very evident in these groups!

just what is your problem ? ....

Ear to ear dog **** and nothing better to do with its time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Peeler" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:28:21 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

You seniles aren't in a position to judge things properly ...THAT has
become
very evident in these groups!

just what is your problem ? ....

...the senile idiot even has to ask! LOL

have you got a mental problem? ....

Yep, ear to ear dog **** instead of a brain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 18:42:32 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

just what is your problem ? ....

...the senile idiot even has to ask! LOL

have you got a mental problem? ....

I'm having fun with you ridiculous idiots! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peeler" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 18:42:32 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

just what is your problem ? ....

...the senile idiot even has to ask! LOL

have you got a mental problem? ....

I'm having fun with you ridiculous idiots! LOL

playing with yourself then?.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 05:57:58 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

...the senile idiot even has to ask! LOL

have you got a mental problem? ....

Yep, ear to ear dog **** instead of a brain.

Nope but a broad grin on my face when dealing you ridiculous senile idiots!
LOL

little ignorant ****."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 20:17:08 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

have you got a mental problem? ....

I'm having fun with you ridiculous idiots! LOL

playing with yourself then?.....

With you ridiculous senile idiots, in fact! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 05:40:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

just what is your problem ? ....

Ear to ear dog **** and nothing better to do with its time.

....says, of course, the ridiculous cantankerous senile idiot and troll who
GETS UP every morning between ONE and FOUR o'clock in the morning, just to
be able to continue with his pathetic trolling because NO ONE in RL is
obviously talking to him! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 19:42:01 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

just what is your problem ? ....

Ear to ear dog **** and nothing better to do with its time.

I see that

Need some more hankies, you bleating seniles? LOL

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peeler" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 20:17:08 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

have you got a mental problem? ....

I'm having fun with you ridiculous idiots! LOL

playing with yourself then?.....

With you ridiculous senile idiots, in fact! LOL

your cock then ? ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peeler" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 05:40:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer
Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

just what is your problem ? ....

Ear to ear dog **** and nothing better to do with its time.

...says, of course, the ridiculous cantankerous senile idiot and troll who
GETS UP every morning between ONE and FOUR o'clock in the morning, just to
be able to continue with his pathetic trolling because NO ONE in RL is
obviously talking to him! LOL

just because you sleep till mid day

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 21:12:40 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Nope but a broad grin on my face when dealing you ridiculous senile
idiots!
LOL

mental

See, you made me laugh AGAIN, you ridiculous senile idiot! Oh, and thanks
for the entertainment! LOL

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 21:14:03 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Ear to ear dog **** and nothing better to do with its time.

...says, of course, the ridiculous cantankerous senile idiot and troll who
GETS UP every morning between ONE and FOUR o'clock in the morning, just to
be able to continue with his pathetic trolling because NO ONE in RL is
obviously talking to him! LOL

just because you sleep till mid day

You just CAN'T face the truth about the senile troll that you keep sucking
off, eh, senile idiot? Must be a senile thing! LOL

Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

wrote:

On 23/10/2018 21:12, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I bet you believed Popular Mechanics when they said computers might
one day weigh less than 1.5 tons.

Yes I did.

Twit.

When computers *were* several tons, the prospect of them being lighter than
that must have seemed unbelievable. And he was right to believe that
computers would get lighter. They did - and how!

Nowadays I have a computer that has a circuit board which is about 3"x2" and
just needs power, screen and keyboard/mouse external connections (it's a
Raspberry Pi). OK, it's not as fast as a full-size laptop or desktop, but
it's bloody good for its size and its power consumption is a lot less. I
think it weighs about 50 grammes, so about 30,000 times lighter ;-)

The RPi is great for what it does, which in my case is logging weather
station data and recording TV programmes, both tasks which require a
computer to be left on 24/7. I actually get to turn my Win 7 PC off at night
nowadays :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 22:11:51 +0100, NY, another brain damaged, troll-feeding
senile idiot, driveled:

Twit.

When computers *were* several tons, the prospect of them being lighter than
that must have seemed unbelievable. And he was right to believe that
computers would get lighter. They did - and how!

FLUSH senile drivel

Isn't it great that on Usenet you can pour your heart out to sociopathic
idiot, ****** and troll when no one else is there for you, senile idiot?
BG

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/10/2018 21:12, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I bet you believed Popular Mechanics when they said computers might
one day weigh less than 1.5 tons.

Yes I did.

Twit.

When computers *were* several tons, the prospect of them being lighter
than that must have seemed unbelievable.

That's a bit iffy given how much they changed
from the original valve based ones.

And he was right to believe that computers would get lighter. They did -
and how!

They did indeed. You could actually stand inside a PDP9
with the backplane door swong out and needed to to get
that the back of the main control panel to change a bulb.
My iphone leaves it for dead computer power wise and
is actually smaller than every single one of the plug in logic
cards which had a few discrete transistors on each one.
Hundreds of those plugged into the main backplane
that is a full 6' high and 4' wide.

The IBM 360/50 that I ran myself was much bigger again.

Nowadays I have a computer that has a circuit board which is about 3"x2"
and just needs power, screen and keyboard/mouse external connections (it's
a Raspberry Pi). OK, it's not as fast as a full-size laptop or desktop,
but it's bloody good for its size and its power consumption is a lot less.
I think it weighs about 50 grammes, so about 30,000 times lighter ;-)

The RPi is great for what it does, which in my case is logging weather
station data and recording TV programmes, both tasks which require a
computer to be left on 24/7. I actually get to turn my Win 7 PC off at
night nowadays :-)

I do it all on my main PC. I used to use the previous PC as the PVR but
stopped doing that when the main PC was powerful enough to do it all.
Only real downside is that you cant do a full reboot once its doing its
evening
recordings but I don't need to do a full reboot often enough to matter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/10/2018 21:12, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I bet you believed Popular Mechanics when they said computers might
one day weigh less than 1.5 tons.

Yes I did.

Twit.

When computers *were* several tons, the prospect of them being lighter than
that must have seemed unbelievable. And he was right to believe that
computers would get lighter. They did - and how!

My point exactly, they got a LOT lighter than ever previously thought. Nobody ever seems to quite grasp that tomorrow's technology will be way better than what they thought possible.

Nowadays I have a computer that has a circuit board which is about 3"x2" and
just needs power, screen and keyboard/mouse external connections (it's a
Raspberry Pi). OK, it's not as fast as a full-size laptop or desktop, but
it's bloody good for its size and its power consumption is a lot less. I
think it weighs about 50 grammes, so about 30,000 times lighter ;-)

The RPi is great for what it does, which in my case is logging weather
station data and recording TV programmes, both tasks which require a
computer to be left on 24/7. I actually get to turn my Win 7 PC off at night
nowadays :-)

I have 6 Windows PCs and leave them all on all the time. They do all sorts of stuff, involving heavy computation. Short of nicking the electricity, they cost a lot to run.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 08:47:29 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I do it all on my main PC. I used to use the previous PC as the PVR but
stopped doing that when the main PC was powerful enough to do it all.
Only real downside is that you cant do a full reboot once its doing its
evening
recordings but I don't need to do a full reboot often enough to matter.

You REALLY have nothing else in your "life", right, senile Rot? No wonder,
you need to get up between 1 and 4 o'clock in the morning every day to play
with your electronic gadgets and troll on Usenet! It's almost unbelievable,
but there you are, in all your miserable senile splendour!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 23/10/2018 21:12, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I bet you believed Popular Mechanics when they said computers might
one day weigh less than 1.5 tons.

Yes I did.

Twit.

When computers *were* several tons, the prospect of them being lighter
than
that must have seemed unbelievable. And he was right to believe that
computers would get lighter. They did - and how!

My point exactly, they got a LOT lighter than ever previously thought.
Nobody ever seems to quite grasp that tomorrow's technology will be way
better than what they thought possible.

That isnt true of all technology. It isnt with Peltiers, or knives and forks
or plates either. Yes, Corelles are rather better than what we had before,
but nothing even remotely like as dramatically as with computers.

Nowadays I have a computer that has a circuit board which is about 3"x2"
and
just needs power, screen and keyboard/mouse external connections (it's a
Raspberry Pi). OK, it's not as fast as a full-size laptop or desktop, but
it's bloody good for its size and its power consumption is a lot less. I
think it weighs about 50 grammes, so about 30,000 times lighter ;-)

The RPi is great for what it does, which in my case is logging weather
station data and recording TV programmes, both tasks which require a
computer to be left on 24/7. I actually get to turn my Win 7 PC off at
night
nowadays :-)

I have 6 Windows PCs and leave them all on all the time. They do all
sorts of stuff, involving heavy computation.

What exactly ?

Short of nicking the electricity, they cost a lot to run.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 00:19:11 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jym Wulkinson Kunife" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 22:11:51 +0100, NY wrote:

"Jym Wulkinson Kunife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 05:59:40 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 23/10/2018 21:12, Jim Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I bet you believed Popular Mechanics when they said computers might
one day weigh less than 1.5 tons.

Yes I did.

Twit.

When computers *were* several tons, the prospect of them being lighter
than
that must have seemed unbelievable. And he was right to believe that
computers would get lighter. They did - and how!

My point exactly, they got a LOT lighter than ever previously thought.
Nobody ever seems to quite grasp that tomorrow's technology will be way
better than what they thought possible.

That isnt true of all technology. It isnt with Peltiers,

It doesn't have to be a Peltier, just something more modern than a compressor ffs.

or knives and forks

Those don't need upgrading.

or plates either.

Although non-breakable ones would be nice here.

Yes, Corelles

Who?

[...]

Scientific research.

Short of nicking the electricity, they cost a lot to run.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

wrote:

[...]

Oh bull****.

Short of nicking the electricity, they cost a lot to run.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 10:19:11 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH the two prize idiots' absolutely idiotic drivel unread again

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 12:10:44 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot

FLUSH most of the stinking troll ****

Oh bull****.

That's what you two prize idiots are all about BG

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."