Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Demise of the chest freezer?

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 01:45:53 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 21:32:26 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jim Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 21:13:13 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jim Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 07:55:59 +0100, Brian Gaff

wrote:

Yes they do, how silly. I myself do not, but I could name several
people
who
live out of the rat run of cities who live by freezing stuff in a
freezer
in
their Garages.

Having said that I guess its not like in the US where thy stick
whole
carcases in them after a hunting trip!

Maybe I'm living too close to towns now.

Nope, you could have chucked that deer on the
roof rack and then cut it up and put it in the freezer.

I was a long way from home when I hit the deer.

Yeah, they arent into slums. Foxes and bears are tho.

We don't have bears,

Duh

Then why did you bring them up?

and I've virtually never seen a fox.

Then you need to get out more.

No, they tend not to show themselves much. And farmers kill most of them due to them destroying livestock.

Actually, I did once see a small deer on the edge of town. A customer
told me her sister had almost hit one there. That's what comes of obeying
the 20mph limit, if she'd have been driving at a sensible speed she could
have got rid of it.

And **** the car in the process.

Didn't cost me much to repair. 2nd hand bonnet, mirror, headlamp. It was worth it to take out the ****wit deer.

What I was pointing out was most people selling them second hand around
here use fridge-freezers.

Because they are much more convenient to use than chest freezers.

They're too small. Yours is ok, but most people have A COMBINED ONE,

Because your kitchens don't have the room for the pigeon pairs.

True, because the UK is too full, yet everyone keeps on having too many kids, and also letting in all the immigrunts.

AND FROM WHAT i'VE HEARD IN HERE, THEY'RE PRONE TO PROBlems, mainly due to
the single thermostat/compressor on a lot of them.

Nope.

Yes. The cheap **** ones (as in most of them) use a single thermostat to monitor the fridge part only. It keeps that at 5C, then assumes the freezer will be about right (which it won't be as ambient temperature is never the same in any 2 houses, and different times of year). You'd think some EU health and softy rules would stop them doing that incase people had meat going off in the freezer.

And no I can't be bothered fixing those caps, there should be an option to
convert, like in Microsoft Word.

Yeah, I do manage that quite a bit.

I had a program installed once to disable it. Can't be bothered finding it again though. Autohotkey or something. I made it so I had to press CTRL to work the capslock.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

wrote:

Yes they do, how silly. I myself do not, but I could name several
people
who
live out of the rat run of cities who live by freezing stuff in a
freezer
in
their Garages.

Having said that I guess its not like in the US where thy stick
whole
carcases in them after a hunting trip!

Maybe I'm living too close to towns now.

Nope, you could have chucked that deer on the
roof rack and then cut it up and put it in the freezer.

I was a long way from home when I hit the deer.

Yeah, they arent into slums. Foxes and bears are tho.

We don't have bears,

Duh

Then why did you bring them up?

It might amaze you that your slum isnt the only one in the world.

and I've virtually never seen a fox.

Then you need to get out more.

No, they tend not to show themselves much.

You run the same line about deer. Everyone else can see them.

And farmers kill most of them due to them destroying livestock.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

Actually, I did once see a small deer on the edge of town. A customer
told me her sister had almost hit one there. That's what comes of
obeying
the 20mph limit, if she'd have been driving at a sensible speed she
could
have got rid of it.

And **** the car in the process.

Didn't cost me much to repair. 2nd hand bonnet, mirror, headlamp.

You were lucky, it usually damages more
than that. Mate of mine just hit a kangaroo.

It was worth it to take out the ****wit deer.

It was trying to do the world a service and take you out, stupid.

What I was pointing out was most people selling them second hand
around
here use fridge-freezers.

Because they are much more convenient to use than chest freezers.

They're too small. Yours is ok, but most people have A COMBINED ONE,

Because your kitchens don't have the room for the pigeon pairs.

True, because the UK is too full, yet everyone keeps on having too many
kids, and also letting in all the immigrunts.

Nope, because you lot are too stupid to build decent sized houses.

AND FROM WHAT i'VE HEARD IN HERE, THEY'RE PRONE TO PROBlems, mainly due
to the single thermostat/compressor on a lot of them.

Nope.

Yes. The cheap **** ones (as in most of them) use a single thermostat to
monitor the fridge part only.

Wrong, as always.

It keeps that at 5C, then assumes the freezer will be about right (which
it won't be as ambient temperature is never the same in any 2 houses, and
different times of year). You'd think some EU health and softy rules
would stop them doing that incase people had meat going off in the
freezer.

It doesn't go off for that reason.

And no I can't be bothered fixing those caps, there should be an option
to convert, like in Microsoft Word.

Yeah, I do manage that quite a bit.

I had a program installed once to disable it. Can't be bothered finding
it again though. Autohotkey or something. I made it so I had to press
CTRL to work the capslock.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 09:09:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH another 131 lines of absolutely idiotic bull**** unread again

--
Typical retarded "conversation" between the Scottish ****** and senile
Ozzietard:

Birdbrain: "Horse **** doesn't stink."

Senile Rot: "It does if you roll in it."

Birdbrain: "I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters
that made stinky ****, but then why does vegetarian human **** stink? Is it
just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?"

Senile Rot: "Nope, some cow **** stinks too."