Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Demise of the chest freezer?

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 01:48:35 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 21:30:18 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jim Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 21:15:35 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jim Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 04:54:10 +0100, Bill Wright

wrote:

On 21/10/2018 18:48, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Shouldn't they all be using Peltier blocks by now? I can't
understand
why we still use the compressor in the 21st century. My car fridge
operates at any temperature, it simply creates a temperature
difference
between the inside and the outside of the container.

No, Peltier is very inefficient.

There must be a better substance then?

Nope, we've been doing that stuff more more than a century now.

Peltier isn't used much.

Because its much worse than compressor for all but the smallest heat
pumps.

Same as batteries,

Nothing like it in fact.

we've been using them for ages, but only recently have we bothered
looking
into different substances to make them more powerful so they can be used
in cars.

That mangles the real story utterly. We have in fact been looking
for better batterys for more than a century now and it wasn't
electric cars that turned up much better batterys.

What was it then?

Laptops and cordless power tools.

Nah they were fine. Cars however need way more power.

It seemed to happen around the same time.

Nope.

Yes it did.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

wrote:

[...]

Like hell they were when we only had lead acid batterys and carbon batterys.

Cars however need way more power.

And still do.

It seemed to happen around the same time.

Nope.

Yes it did.

Nope, long before.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 09:02:31 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH another load of the endless idiotic drivel by the two resident
idiots

....and nothing's left! LOL

--
Another retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rot:

Senile Rot: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rot: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID: