Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Senile Troll Alert!

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 04:34:46 +1000, 543dsa, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Sainsburys are selling Purple kettles for only about £12.

Strangely, identical lime green or red ones are £22.

Work that one out.

Easy, hardly anyone buys purple ones so they want to get rid of those.

That was already discussed a few hours earlier, senile asshole! Why do you
always have to repeat what other people have said already, you abnormal
idiot? Does a statement ONLY become valid when YOU've confirmed it? No
wonder NOBODY in RL is talking to you! Cretin!

--
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp addressing Rot Speed:
"You really are a clueless pillock."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 06:23:34 +1000, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Its never going to be possible to predict what colors people will choose
to buy.

It's a safe bet that red will out-sell purple.

Sure, but nothing like as easy to decide just what ratio of red to purple
you need.

Is this senile wisenheimer for real? LOL

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kettle descalent

GB wrote:
On 20/09/2018 20:41, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim K" wrote in message
GB Wrote in message:
On 20/09/2018 12:06, Jim K wrote:

Sainsburys are selling Purple kettles for only about £12.

Strangely, identical lime green or red ones are £22.

Its never going to be possible to predict what colors people will choose
to buy.

It's a safe bet that red will out-sell purple.

More Green Party and Labour supporters are buying kettles that match the
party colours,
Few like UKIP so dont buy purple though I bet a few on here would buy one
if it had a yellow handle.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
GB Wrote in message:
On 20/09/2018 12:06, Jim K wrote:

Sainsburys are selling Purple kettles for only about £12.

Strangely, identical lime green or red ones are £22.

Its never going to be possible to predict what colors people will choose
to buy.

It's a safe bet that red will out-sell purple.

Because.....

They know the purple are being reduced to sell them. So, the next time
they order kitchen equipment they can use that knowledge. I suspect they
already had this knowledge before they over-ordered purple kettles.

Erm... thats called "hindsight" not "prediction"....

You think they did it on purpose ? :-D
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 21/09/2018 08:07, Jim K wrote:
GB Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
GB Wrote in message:
On 20/09/2018 12:06, Jim K wrote:

Sainsburys are selling Purple kettles for only about £12.

Strangely, identical lime green or red ones are £22.

Its never going to be possible to predict what colors people will choose
to buy.

It's a safe bet that red will out-sell purple.

Because.....

They know the purple are being reduced to sell them. So, the next time
they order kitchen equipment they can use that knowledge. I suspect they
already had this knowledge before they over-ordered purple kettles.

Erm... thats called "hindsight" not "prediction"....

You think they did it on purpose ? :-D

Sainsburys are in the business of selling things like kettles. They
ought to have a pretty good idea of what colours sell and in what
proportions. If not, they have no hope.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB Wrote in message:
On 21/09/2018 08:07, Jim K wrote:
GB Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
GB Wrote in message:
On 20/09/2018 12:06, Jim K wrote:

Sainsburys are selling Purple kettles for only about £12.

Strangely, identical lime green or red ones are £22.

Its never going to be possible to predict what colors people will choose
to buy.

It's a safe bet that red will out-sell purple.

Because.....

They know the purple are being reduced to sell them. So, the next time
they order kitchen equipment they can use that knowledge. I suspect they
already had this knowledge before they over-ordered purple kettles.

Erm... thats called "hindsight" not "prediction"....

You think they did it on purpose ? :-D

Sainsburys are in the business of selling things like kettles. They
ought to have a pretty good idea of what colours sell and in what
proportions. If not, they have no hope.

You've missed your niche in crystal ball gazing!

Market research X production lead times X marginal costs of z000
purple ones ordered at same time as rest = nice little earner
whatever colours are left to put in the "sale" {cough}

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/09/2018 19:34, 543dsa wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 19/09/2018 17:38, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Andy Bennet wrote:
On 19/09/2018 17:01, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I live in a soft water area. The other day I took a peek inside my
kettle and was disgusted.
I ordered the below. £2.27.
Okay, I did give it a few blasting, but the insides of my kettle
are now spotless.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Oust-Kettle...d=232844718053

I got a tub of citric acid crystals for this (we deduced that that
was what is in the descaler sachets). I'm pretty sure it's more
economical, and it looks like it will last for years.

Yep pretty much the stuff that is in the Astonish descaler.
Not sure if buying the crystals is any cheaper or worth the faff.

I have used Astonish car shampoo in the past and have been quite pleased
with the shine.
Still, my five year cheap kettle is now spotless for £2.27. I'm happy
with
that.

Sainsburys are selling Purple kettles for only about £12.

Strangely, identical lime green or red ones are £22.

Work that one out.

Easy, hardly anyone buys purple ones so they want to get rid of those.

Then, why did Sainsburys order them in the first place ?.

Until they are in store and on sale, they don't know what fickle
decisions the customers will make.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew
writes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Oust-Kettle...42276582?iid=2

[...]

Buyers often make silly choices.

My wife and I wanted a bog-standard white plastic jug type of kettle, so
we went to a large John Lewis store. No chance! However, they had what
must have been around 50 different designs of kettle - all 'futuristic',
bulky, expensive and as ugly as hell - the sort of thing that I can't
see many people wanting to buy. In the end, we got exactly what we
wanted for £12 at Sainsburys (white - not purple!).
--
Ian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
[...]

Because some do buy those.

Until they are in store and on sale, they don't know what fickle
decisions the customers will make.

More accurately, they dont know what percentage of purple ones
will be bought and when they discover that they sell fewer of those
than they expected, they discount those to get rid of the excess.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 06:11:38 +1000, 543dsa, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Easy, hardly anyone buys purple ones so they want to get rid of those.

Then, why did Sainsburys order them in the first place ?.

Because some do buy those.

Define "some", you endlessly driveling senile asshole!

Until they are in store and on sale, they don't know what fickle
decisions the customers will make.

More accurately, they don¢t know what percentage of purple ones
will be bought and when they discover that they sell fewer of those
than they expected, they discount those to get rid of the excess.

That's what has been discussed here all the time, you senile idiot? Didn't
you notice yet? Just HOW senile are you, Rot?

--
Marland addressing bull****ting senile Rot:
"Stay in your wet paper bag you thick twit."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"543dsa" Wrote in message:

news

Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
[...]

**** me! That's exactly what happened! Ooh hang on a mo......
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Quickest way to boil a kettle, in a car? Tim Downie UK diy 160 October 5th 17 03:19 AM
Electric Kettle Mick Cant UK diy 4 June 2nd 09 07:23 PM
Electric Kettle - Impedance to earth Michael Chare UK diy 6 November 18th 04 08:50 PM
Kettle semi-not working Arthur UK diy 6 October 7th 04 07:53 PM
Phillips Kettle Repair? BraileTrail UK diy 6 March 22nd 04 02:43 AM