Arthur

Default Kettle semi-not working

I have an elec' kettle..the type with the -drop it on any way you like base.
It stopped working suddenly.
I tried the kettle itself on an alternative base and it worked fine.
So the base is faulty.

Easy to fix?

Arthur

Bob Eager

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 20:59:12 UTC, "Arthur"
wrote:

I have an elec' kettle..the type with the -drop it on any way you like base.
It stopped working suddenly.
I tried the kettle itself on an alternative base and it worked fine.
So the base is faulty.

Easy to fix?

I have to ask...fuse in the plug?

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Volund

"Arthur" wrote in message
I have an elec' kettle..the type with the -drop it on any way you like

base.
It stopped working suddenly.
I tried the kettle itself on an alternative base and it worked fine.
So the base is faulty.

Easy to fix?

Arthur

I wouldnt go to the trouble...buy a new one.
My dad had same trouble with one. One of the sprung contacts in the base
had broken.
Not worth the time and trouble.

Arthur

wrote:

I have an elec' kettle..the type with the -drop it on any way you like

base.
It stopped working suddenly.
I tried the kettle itself on an alternative base and it worked fine.
So the base is faulty.

Easy to fix?

I have to ask...fuse in the plug?

--
Bob Eager

Shoulda mentioned that..sorry. I changed the fuse but that didn't help.

Any easy way to check if a fuse is good?

Bob Eager

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 22:13:18 UTC, "Arthur"
wrote:

Shoulda mentioned that..sorry. I changed the fuse but that didn't help.

Any easy way to check if a fuse is good?

If you don't have a test meter or battery and bulb...put it into the
plug for a table lamp or something and see if it works.

If you haven't had the kettle long, take it back. Sale of Goods Act,
etc...

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!

Volund

Any easy way to check if a fuse is good?

Do a continuity test on it with a multimeter, or simply wire it up to a
small battery and a small torch bulb (schoolboy style). If bulb lights, Hey
Presto, fuse must be ok.

Pete C

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 22:13:18 +0000 (UTC), "Arthur"
wrote:

Shoulda mentioned that..sorry. I changed the fuse but that didn't help.

Any easy way to check if a fuse is good?

PP3 battery, fuse, tongue! ))

cheers,
Pete.