Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Ikea chair spares

We have an Ikea Tobias chair - a few years old - where the plastic seat
has cracked.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...-art-80349671/

Apparently, this fault is quite common. I don't want to glue the seat
together, mainly because it will look awful. Is it possible to get a
replacement seat, do you think?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB Wrote in message:
We have an Ikea Tobias chair - a few years old - where the plastic seat
has cracked.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...-art-80349671/

Apparently, this fault is quite common. I don't want to glue the seat
together, mainly because it will look awful. Is it possible to get a
replacement seat, do you think?

£55? Just buying another will be a far better use of your time...
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 13/09/2018 20:57, Jim K wrote:
GB Wrote in message:
We have an Ikea Tobias chair - a few years old - where the plastic seat
has cracked.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...-art-80349671/

Apparently, this fault is quite common. I don't want to glue the seat
together, mainly because it will look awful. Is it possible to get a
replacement seat, do you think?

£55? Just buying another will be a far better use of your time...

But this is Uk.d-i-y, where time does not matter. besides that, the
frame is still perfect.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB Wrote in message:
On 13/09/2018 20:57, Jim K wrote:
GB Wrote in message:
We have an Ikea Tobias chair - a few years old - where the plastic seat
has cracked.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...-art-80349671/

Apparently, this fault is quite common. I don't want to glue the seat
together, mainly because it will look awful. Is it possible to get a
replacement seat, do you think?

£55? Just buying another will be a far better use of your time...

But this is Uk.d-i-y, where time does not matter. besides that, the
frame is still perfect.

Ask IKEA, then if available, fit it yourself.
--
Biggles

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB Wrote in message:
On 13/09/2018 20:57, Jim K wrote:
GB Wrote in message:
We have an Ikea Tobias chair - a few years old - where the plastic seat
has cracked.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...-art-80349671/

Apparently, this fault is quite common. I don't want to glue the seat
together, mainly because it will look awful. Is it possible to get a
replacement seat, do you think?

£55? Just buying another will be a far better use of your time...

But this is Uk.d-i-y, where time does not matter. besides that, the
frame is still perfect.

We don't make acrylic seats?
We don't work for IKEA?
WTF are you asking here?
;-)
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 13 September 2018 20:54:44 UTC+1, GB wrote:
We have an Ikea Tobias chair - a few years old - where the plastic seat
has cracked.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...-art-80349671/

Apparently, this fault is quite common. I don't want to glue the seat
together, mainly because it will look awful. Is it possible to get a
replacement seat, do you think?

Ikea can tell you, but I'd think it unlikely.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 20:54:37 +0100, GB wrote:

We have an Ikea Tobias chair - a few years old - where the plastic seat
has cracked.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...chairs/tobias-

chair-transparent-chrome-plated-art-80349671/

Apparently, this fault is quite common. I don't want to glue the seat
together, mainly because it will look awful. Is it possible to get a
replacement seat, do you think?

Replacements/spares are usually free.

Depends how far you are from Ikea.

If you go to the spares department and take a ticket to join the queue
they will probably sort you out.

Cheers

Dave R

---