Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oven door glass orientation

Our double gas oven, has a glass doors, the inner glass panels of which
is slide out/ removable for cleaning. Despite it being possible to fit
them back to front or upside down, the manufacturer has gone to some
trouble to mark them 'this way up' and arrows to the hinge end - why?

Why does it matter at all whether they are back to front or upside
down, the fit is the same, just simple rectangular glass panels?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Our double gas oven, has a glass doors
Why does it matter at all whether they are back to front or upside down

For the back-to-front, maybe they have a heat reflecting coating inside?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 06/09/2018 11:00, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Our double gas oven, has a glass doors, the inner glass panels of which
is slide out/ removable for cleaning. Despite it being possible to fit
them back to front or upside down, the manufacturer has gone to some
trouble to mark them 'this way up' and arrows to the hinge end - why?

Why does it matter at all whether they are back to front or upside down,
the fit is the same, just simple rectangular glass panels?

Our new oven door has some heat reflective coating on one side of the glass.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It happens that GB formulated :
Our new oven door has some heat reflective coating on one side of the glass.

Thanks, that is perhaps the reason, but I couldn't see any obvious
differences in the faces.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I couldn't see any obvious differences in the faces

K-glass double glazing units come with stickers saying "this side facing
in" because you can't tell the coating by looking, and not many people
have the required detector.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I couldn't see any obvious differences in the faces

K-glass double glazing units come with stickers saying "this side facing
in" because you can't tell the coating by looking, and not many people
have the required detector.

Does the coating survive aggressive cleaning methods I wonder though?
Whenever I do get around to cleaning the glass in our oven door, it needs
*seriously* aggressive cleaning methods. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls